Quick Battle Maps Vol 2 on CMMODS

MarkEzra

Is it really necessary to replace or erase all of the QB maps that came with the game? I know a lot of them have serious issues and others are just not that good, but are there really no winners included at all????

Also, are the new maps all originals or do many simply fix the issues with the maps included with the game?

Thanks,

Javaslinger

All maps are original work, fresh approach to AI and gameplay.

The stock maps use certain orders that do not work at present so the advice of most gamers so far has been to remove stock maps and replace with Volumes 1 and 2 from CMMODS.com

By all means try out the stock maps for QB but mostly you will be returned to the main menu screen as there is not a map available for all battle types with the stock maps.

The QBG team have provided a map for every situation.

Just thought I'd bring you up to date: The CMMODS Reviews of QB Groups Vol 1 and Vol 2 have been a pleasant surprise for Mishga and myself. We appreciate the support and the large number of DL tells us we're on the right path. We are now back hard at work on Vol 3. We've got 12 maps done or in review with a goal of 20. These maps concentrate both on Tiny or VERY Large Maps. In the first two Vol's we stayed very Generic in map style. Vol 3 is going to be a real departure from that. These will not only play well, they'll look great. Thanks again for your support

• 3 weeks later...

Put them all in the quick battles folder in your shock force directory.

It is random as to which map you get so the more maps you have the better chance of a different one each time.

They are playable as scenarios or as QB. If you want to play the scenarios just put them in the scenarios folder as well.

We did not have time to give each map a briefing so you have to use your initiative and the onmap objectives as a guide.

Originally posted by massive1974:

Sorry but I have a really stupid question: how do I use these QB maps? When I start a QB I don't see these maps, do they just come randomly as I choose the type of battle (Small, attack, etc.)? Or do I use them in the Scenario Editor to make a new scenario?

Each QBG Vol is in it's OWN folder. Open that folder and copy/paste to the games "Quick Battle Maps" folder...You'll find that in: CM:SF/Files