New Mission: Soldier's Fury

Nice one. 2 KIA and 18 injured as US.

----SPOILER----

I like the fact that the enemy can ambush you across the alleys if you're not careful.

I noticed that the reds are not in the buildings? Is that intentional or not?

---------------

[ August 07, 2007, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: jomni ]

Hey guys....when making comments about new battles andasking specific questions...please preaface with a SPOILER ALERT or something similar, so you dont ruin the experience for those who havent played the battle yet.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm glad you have enjoyed it so far.

As to the troops setting up outside the buildings, it was not intentional. I initially set them up in static positions, but I wanted some re-playability, so I gave them a zone setup. I think its a bug of some sort, I believe that its been mentioned before, so hopefully it will be fixed in an upcoming patch. If not I may just go back to the static positions.

Anyway, I'll probably be making a few more scenarios, though my time is a little limited as I started a new job this week! Have a good one!

Jason

[ August 07, 2007, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Beardo1976 ]

Lesson: House-to-house is deadly!

Don't rush and do things slowly.

Finished the game with only 8 minutes left in the clock. But not because I stepped on the final objective but because the enemy surrendered.

[ August 07, 2007, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: jomni ]

Nice,

You do need to go slow or you'll get get chewed up! I've always enjoyed the infantry only battles in CM, I was a little disappointed that there were none in the main game, so I just had to make my own smile.gif I'm glad you guys are enjoying it!

Jason

Just completed it this morning. Very nice situation. Nice map. I took it very slowly ... only way to go on RT Elite :)

**********SPOILER ALERT *************

I got a total US victory, casualties were as follows:-

Blue side 4 KIA Red side 17 KIA

13 wounded 37 wounded

2 vehicles totalled >:)

I set up one platoon in the woods on the left and gave them hubt orders. Didn't take long to find something. After a short but fierce firefight, I cleared the woods and set up in the buildings on the roadside and waited until the other team made it's way into the village.

They moved slowly too, leap frogging through the buildings supporting each other until they reached the big three-story in the centre. Moving to the top floor, they found a lot of targets and things got exciting for a few minutes. Fortunately, the first team came to the rescue, flanked the defenders and we all moved on the main objective before time ran out and total victory was mine... for a change.

Never got a chance to use the artillery support. I guess I forgot about them once the **** hit the fan.

****************End **************

Once again, nice one. Very enjoyable infantry only action. I'd like to see more if you have the time.