PBEM mode?

Now that development has progressed quite a bit since I last saw the topic come up, I'd like to bring it up again.

Are there any news regarding inclusion of a PBEM multi-player mode? And if it looks like it could be included, will you use the two-files-per-turn system that was proposed a few times during the CMx1 days?

Dschugaschwili

We want PBEM in. Very much so. We fully understand the importance of it. However, we might (and I stress MIGHT) run into technical issues that nix the feature. We don't think this will happen, but we don't want to promise something that we aren't very sure we can deliver. The whole problem with the previous debates is that people, emotionally, wanted us to promise that no matter what it will be in. And that is something we can not do.

I can't imagine that it won't include pbem. In that case I can't imagine why should I change from Combat Mission...

I dunno Lassie... what do you think girl?

(bark) (bark)

What was that girl? Little Bobby fell into the well?

(bark)

Oh. Is Farmer Jone's truck broken down on the railroad tracks, and a train's a'commin?

(bark)

Hmmm... Pa caught Ma in bed with the milkman again, and this time he is a'fixn to bust a cap in his ass?

(grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

Well, I give up!! Oh! WeGo isn't even in yet and people will just have to wait a little bit longer to know about PBEM?

(bark)(bark)(bark)(bark)(bark)(bark)

Well, why didn't you say so the first time, you dumb mutt?

:D

Steve

[ September 24, 2006, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Battlefront.com ]