Validation - Thank you

Well further to my comments in the following post :

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=002293

Validation of my comment:

QUOTE FROM GAMESPOT REVIEW : Even so, no game should be released in such a rough, incomplete state

Full Review:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/combatmissionshockforce/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

Originally posted by funkster319:

Well further to my comments in the following post :

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=002293

Validation of my comment:

QUOTE FROM GAMESPOT REVIEW : Even so, no game should be released in such a rough, incomplete state

Full Review:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/combatmissionshockforce/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

Funkster - because this guy has said the same thing as you, in what way is that validation? If I publish something saying the opposite of what you said would that count as invalidation?

All I remember is the "You'll get it when its done" comment from Battlefront. This is obviously not DONE. I would have been willing to wait and I know that others feel the frustration. The reviews that mags, websites and others give it are justified and thats were the validation of feeling somewhat underwhelmed comes from.

Bean

Lol yeah Right.

All the critics are wrong too! My god when will you ever face the truth in it's current state the game is extreamly poor and for a fair percentage of users unplayable! Ubisoft / EA or whomever may well have released rubbish but can you tell me one major game that didnt' support a common hardware technology such as Dual CPU? (Hardly cutting edge stuff). There is a release that needs patching and there is a release that needs completely recoding - this is the latter!

As I have always stated I look forward to many patches down the road when this game is finally playable until then i'll let the "blindfolded - the world is wrong" devotee's continue telling themselves this is the game is great.

funkster319,

I would caution you on using the term "validation" so easily. There have been some negative reviews however another thread on the forum has roughly 95-15 in favour of the game (rough edges and all) which would indicate that it is playable to the "majority" based on a wider sample.

Granted the results of such a poll are no doubt somewhat skewed in favour of the company..as it is the company forum but the objectivity of two reviewers is a very small sample to pin your arguments on.

It isn't a question of "blindfolds" or "fanbois" as much as an old guard who lived thru the growing pains of CMBO in the early days. And what appear to be..not so old guys who may be looking for a "different experience" than what they expected.

Originally posted by funkster319:

All the critics are wrong too! My god when will you ever face the truth in it's current state the game is extreamly poor and for a fair percentage of users unplayable!

It's not a case of 'facing' anything.

Most people posting here now have the game on their hard-drive, and are playing and enjoying it even in (as I doubt anyone now seriously denies) what amounts essentially to beta form. Whatever some of the critics might say (which is irrelevant once you own the game) I'm enjoying it warts and all. I simply wouldn't play it if I didn't.. I have plenty of good games installed as alernative ways to spend my time.

Herston - ur choice,well said.

The_Capt, it's not just 2 reviews is it. I think that the review linked here is just a mirror orf many throughout the media.

And pls pls stop resorting to the old "he doesn't really like the game type so he's slagging it off, he's a noob" line! I'm 35, played games of all types and alot of wargamming both on PC /Boards. So dont pull that one! It's a crap unplayable game right now, I wish it wasn't but it is! Stop justifying - If you wanna play like just say it like Herston but don't make excuses for shody releases!

[ August 13, 2007, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: funkster319 ]

Funkster, Im not sure how the Gamespot review validates your opinion anymore than the Worthplaying review invalidates it. You opinion should be just that, your opinion, and you should be willing to stand by it without the need to have someone else reassure you that its the correct one to have.

As always we value everyones input, and we are listening. As you pointed out in your very first post though, you do already have a thread dedicated to your opinion, so Im not sure we need another on the exact same topic. Please feel free to continue to validate your opinion in that thread if you feel the need too, but lets keep our threads consolidated in order to reduce forum clutter.

[ August 13, 2007, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]