1.06 / Crossroads

DzrtFox

I just wanted to say that I'm about 3/4 of the way through the first mission on the Crossroads campaign using 1.06, and I've got to say that it is truly amazing what this game can do when combined with a good scenario design. So far I've noticed none of the goofy pathfinding issues I've seen in a couple other scenarios, and the gameplay just feels good.

Great job to both BFC and Webwing!!

Argh well things were going well... I went back to finish the first mission and after a couple turns.... BAM!

"Combat Mission has enountered an error and needs to close." Luckily I was playing turn-based so hopefully no big deal. I'm going back to try and finish now.

Man, how frustrating. I went back and started my saved game up again. This time made it through 11 turns and it crashed again. Before the save I had made it through 30 turns without a single problem. I will go post in the tech support forum but I had originally started this thread to praise the game. It truly did have some great moments.

Is there really no autosave in WeGo games?

I suspect there may not be due to file sizes and delay issues.

For example I'm working my way through a scenario yet to be published and save files are in the 16Mb region. They also take a while (2-3 mins) to save.

The scenario goes for 2hrs so that's roughly 120 x 16 Mb of space you'd need and the time to play the game would be 6hrs just for the saving (let alone actually plotting and playing the turns).

A typical Autosave function would only need one file - overwriting each time. It would need to be optional though as the save time may be annoying to some.

I'm having to manually save each turn in 1.06 in case of a crash. Up to 1.05 I only ever saved when taking a break.

I have a save file in the link that Mord posted that crashes every time and for others. Is anybody looking into the crashing issue?