Finalizing CM:SF's Setting

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

AKD, the best way to contain a threat from Pakistan is to keep that large, loyal to power military loyal to a power that isn't Hell bent on an expansionist war.

Oh, I agree, but it is our ability to do so and the loyalty of that power that I question. Not sure how I feel about the Daily Telegraph, but...

US outraged as Pakistan frees Taliban fighters

By Isambard Wilkinson in Peshawar

15/09/2006

Pakistan's credibility as a leading ally in the war on terrorism was called into question last night when it emerged that President Pervez Musharraf's government had authorised the release from jail of thousands of Taliban fighters caught fighting coalition forces in Afghanistan.

Five years after American-led coalition forces overthrew the Taliban during Operation Enduring Freedom, United States officials have been horrified to discover that thousands of foreign fighters detained by Pakistan after fleeing the battleground in Afghanistan have been quietly released and allowed to return to their home countries.

Pakistani lawyers acting for the militants claim they have freed 2,500 foreigners who were originally held on suspicion of having links to al-Qa'eda or the Taliban over the past four years.

The mass release of the prisoners has provoked a stern rebuke to the Musharraf regime from the American government. "We have repeatedly warned Pakistan over arresting and then releasing suspects," said a US diplomat in Islamabad. "We are monitoring their response with great concern."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/09/15/wpak15.xml

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just skipped to page 7 here, because i really can't read the whole thread. so i'm sure this has been mentioned already. but what about north korea? just turn all the brown terrain white, maybe some darker browns and greens for summer. add some hills. maybe a tree or two. boom, you've got north korea.

the story with a north korea scenario is pretty easy...something pisses them off and they invade the south. or america decides to pre-emptively invade them. and if you're reluctant to do it because of the graphics work that would be involved (i'm unfamiliar with the progress of the syrian infantry textures and such), well...you shouldn't have based this whole game on a story that you would just drop halfway through. no offense.

just give the syrian textures some slanty eyes and some rudimentary banter. here's some examples of the NK infantry banter i would record (and feel free to employ me): 'me ruv you rong timeee!!!!!!!!'; 'oh my gaaaa dey shot me...oh it hurt so badddd!!!!'; 'i'm so ronery!' ; 'i give you every-ting you want joe! every-ting...'

[ September 18, 2006, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Lee_DiSantis ]