Graphics Issue

Eicke

I have a problem with graphics, some things don't show up corectly or not at all while playing.

1.The 'Done' button and time show as a white box.

2.un-identified guns are missing some textures that show up white.

3.Shadows of vech.'s are white.

4.Target lines show up white.

There are more but that should be enough to describe the problem. It's not that one of these problems shows up during play, it's all these.

Example screens of the problem.

issue_01.JPG

issue02.JPG

issue_03.JPG

Some of the things I have tried to correct this issue are: re-install the video drivers, installed 3D-Tweak(disabled Z Mask), re-installed DX8.1.

Still getting the problems.

System Info

Win XP Pro

P3 933

512-133 ram

Readon 7200 video

SB live 5.1 X-Gamer sound

[ December 06, 2002, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Eicke ]

My card settings have either On or Application Prefrence, it was already set to Application Prefrence. I haven't had any problems with the menu's, it's mostly the interface , targeting and white shadows.

Although it didn't work it was worth a try, thanks Easy for the reply and help.

[ December 06, 2002, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Eicke ]

WWB - No mods installed just CMBB and v1.01 patch.

Jack - I tried the anti-aliasing, my card sets to anti-aliasing 'On' or 'application preference' which is the default. I have 3D-Tweak intalled and played with the setting for a couple hours last night. I can't say I tried every possible combo, but changes only seem to make things worse not better, sometimes a lot worse.

whenever i need new drivers or tweak programs i go to http://www.guru3d.com/

if this is an nvidia chip set based card i'd be real surprised if you didn't have a setting to explicitly turn off antialiasing

since this is something i experienced trouble with only yesterday with a new nvidia chip set based card, and turning off antialiasing fixed it, i'd definitely find a way to turn it off rather than just leaving the app to make the determination - because in this case it's entirely possible CM is not handling it correctly

ATI is Nvidia's compeditor, I want to turn off the anti-aliasing but the control panel that comes with my card doesn't seem to have 'Off' as an option. ATI's site says it can be turned off in the control panel. It would seem they have changed the control panel, as my panel doesn't look like the example they have on their site, and yes the control panel I use is from ATI. The 3D-Tweak prog also give either 'On' or 'App Pref'. You maybe right that CMBB is not handling this correctly. Maybe some one BTS can answer this question. I am going to re-install CMBB without the patch and see if I get the same problem.

Uh... if previous drivers work OK, why not go back to them ? I was going to check this out myself today with a Radeon 8500.

The problem may be the latest Catalyst drivers (2.4 ?). Driver releases aren't perfect. What may work in an earlier driver release may get broken in a newer one (just ask the NVidia users). I'm not sure which Catalyst driver is the optimum one to use with CM, but apparently 2.4 is just going to give you heartache if you continue to use it.

If you don't want to uninstall 2.4, then there probably isn't a solution for you. Drivers can break things that can't be tweaked with any registry hack, tweak utilities, etc.

Drivers are often updated for performance and/or compatibility purposes. Often these attributes are at cross-purposes with one another - i.e. some performance tweaks cause more compatibility problems and some compatibility/bug fixes make the driver slower.

Per Schrullenhaft's advice I removed the Catalyst 2.4 drivers, then installed Catalyst 2.3 drivers and the correct control panel for this driver.

:D White spaces are gone. I have only tested this a little but everything looks good sofar.

Thanks Schullenhaft Good Work!!!

Doh, I should have of thought of that myself :eek:

easytarget:

"and ppl wonder why game developers are always screaming "it's the drivers damn it, it's the drivers"

----------------

They screaming because OpenGL functions are the same for any Operation system. ;) But what graphic devices do when resive processor instructions is a qwestion for drivers :D