Quick Battles completely broken compared to CM1!

I have played two QBs today - maybe an hour each..

In both the map was completely empty of Syrian forces.

In the previous two QBs yesterday the Syrian forces never left their setup areas, as far as I could tell, and were totally outclassed and blown away by the qualitatively and quantitatively superior US army forces.

QBs are a now a total waste of time and need to be fixed, (this obviously includes adding the CM1 unit selection system).

Also why is there no way in the unit interface (I can see) to follow friendly casualties - except for red blobs on the ground??

There are some serious design flaws in this beta release.

Sorry, but these are not adequate answers

After 4 years waiting, expecting the QB funtionality of CM1 (as in CMBO, etc), does not seem unreasonable to me, instead of regression to the current state of CMSF.

Better to have a 2008 release that has fun QBs, than this disappointment.

(I am hoping, trusting, that some fun QB functionality will make it after a few patches, but my point is why do we need patches to fix what was so right in the old CM and is so wrong now?)

Originally posted by sandy:

Sorry, but these are not adequate answers

After 4 years waiting, expecting the QB funtionality of CM1 (as in CMBO, etc), does not seem unreasonable to me, instead of regression to the current state of CMSF.

Better to have a 2008 release that has fun QBs, than this disappointment.

(I am hoping, trusting, that some fun QB functionality will make it after a few patches, but my point is why do we need patches to fix what was so right in the old CM and is so wrong now?)

First of all...they didn't change the old CM they made an ENTIRELY new engine. That means they can't do things exactly the same even if they wanted too. They have earlier stated that the environments are way too complex for the AI to form a plan so right now the strategic AI in quick battles is extremely basic ,this may however change with upcomming patches, only time will tell.

As for not being unreasonable to expect QB's to function 100% , I sort of agree, but things are how they are and my time traveling machine doesn't work so we have to deal with how things are.

Try to hang in there for a bit longer and try some of the scenarios and I'm sure BFC will patch up the quickbattles eventually.

This game is way to full of good stuff to just discard IMO.

//Salkin

ontopic, i also tried some QB´s today. as if i couldnt read but i had to try.

well it worked reasonable well, i only tried RED on RED, when i and the Ai didnt started out at the same side.

the ai was moving and doing stuff, only problem i saw in many reloads...

the force mix is sometimes totaly off! i got from a usefull platoon and MG platoon to an forward observer and engeneers backed up by 2 RPG shooters. enemys had AGS 17 wich i never got as often i tried.

not to complain about single accourances here, just to point the general "problem" inherent to the QB´s out once again(i think).

[ July 30, 2007, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Pandur ]