Suggestion to BTS

If at all possible, I think you folks should have included the demo on the game disk. Actually, both demos, for CMBB and CMBO.

I'd bet there are lots of people like me who bought the game (CMBB) without having played the demo - because we have a dialup connection and can't d/l 60mb's and took it for granted that it was going to be a good game (it is).

Now, I would love to give the demo(s) to several people I know, but still can't.

How would putting the demo scenarios on the CMBB disk help? You would have to copy the whole disk to share the demo scenarios, and that would be a no-no. But I agree that the demo scenarios should be on the disk so people can play them if they want. I have't read the whole list of scenarios yet, so I am taking your word for it that they are not included.

Uh... the CDs were already maxed out in capacity.
That's kind of what I figured, which is why I wrote "...If at all possible...".

So if wasn't possible, then that's that.

My next suggestion would have been to perhaps make everything on the download page available for purchase on CD-ROM (say, for $15, or whatever it costs you plus a couple of bucks). That would include the six Windows game demos, the four Mac game demos, the user guides and all the latest patches. Maybe throw in some mods to round out the package. Of course, whenever someone buys an actual game, you throw in the demo/patch disk for free, that's a no-brainer.

There are 4 people I know right now that would be interested in playing the CM demos, but I can't get it to them. None of us has a fast internet connection. My only other option is to get together with someone on this board that has the demo(s) and have them burn a CD and send it to me. In that case, I would still be obliged to give them at least $5 for their trouble - and I wouldn't be getting everything on the download page.

Well, you get my drift...

I just can't help thinking that there must be an awful lot people like me who have dial-up connections and are finding increasingly hard to download most of these new game demos, or even many patches, due to their large size.

I have a dialup connection, too, but I just download big things at night, or at a time when I know I will be gone for several hours. For security, it's probably a good idea to use a download manager like, say, Star Downloader. I'm not sure that they actually speed up your download, but they will allow you to pause and resume downloading, and they will keep track of what you have downloaded, so that if your computer crashes 3 1/2 hours into a 4 hour download, you don't have to start over from the beginning.