Things You'd Love But Hate To See

reel-why

I was trying to press CM on a friend of mine who only plays RTS games. During the convo he asked if there were any motorcycles in CMSF which got me thinking.

What vehicles or troops or equipment would you hate to see in a CM game? Something that might seem cool for about 1/4 of a second and then made you feel dirty and moronic.

The motorcycle is a perfect example. Somebody might go "oh ya that'd be fun" but just stop and think for a moment. What the hell would be the point?

The other one that came to mind: infantry carrying a M134 mini-gun. There's a hollywood moment of *sweet* then logic kicks back in.

I'm interested to know what other people can imagine but would loathe.

Choice of MLRS artillery rocket strikes under artillery, the footprint of the strike would probably cover 2/3rds a normal size map!

--

Helicopter troop insertions - it would be amusing to see each copter brought down by ground fire within 15 seconds of appearing on-map EVERY SINGLE TIME! smile.gif

--

Permit fratricidal 'friendly' fire for squads. So you can perversely target one group of your own men with another.