a request of CM-SF please

sorry for this , i posted this first hafe in another post, and i ment to have it in here...

"hi all, yes i know i haven't posted much on the forum for the reason that 99% of the time i find the answers that i am looking for..

"BUT TO DAY IS THE DAY THAT "

i have read in this forum and been to the tow site to see all the pretty pics of the game...and i have read about the RTS of the game and that it also can be played as (WE-GO-YOU-GO) and i have read that some ppl have questions of the we-go-you-go way-points for the moving of troops and veh's but i have not seen any pic's that say which is which.

if all pic's to date are of RTS play, could one of you nice members of BF please post some of the we-go-you-go pic's such as the showings of the movement points lines as we see on the playing map..pretty please......

and maybe if we are "ALL GOOD" maybe a small video clip to make us wet our pants just that much more.."

and i love the pics of the M1A2's with the smoking enemy AFV's so i ask you this- the ID info from the troops to say its a brdm or T-55,T80...ect is the fog of war something like cmbo-bb-ak or if my grunts see the enemy veh, they know right off the bat that it is a brdm, T-80,T72...ect??

Those familiar with the previous CM series will know how it works, as it's basically the same with CMSF. The game starts in the setup phase where you deploy your units in the assigned zones, and issue first orders for them for the first turn. Then you hit go and the action phase begins with a 60 second playback during which you can move around the battlefield, click on units etc. but not issue any orders. After 60 sec the Action Phase stops, and you can replay it as often as you like. If you hit Go again, you enter the next turn's command phase and so forth.

The only real difference in WeGo over the previous series is how turns are swapped for Play-by-Email. It's now one email every two turns I think (actually haven't had time to try it myself yet).

Martin

quote:Originally posted by Capt. Toleran:

His video request isn't too shabby though, and it seems high time that we had one. Not having any vids makes it seem like we are still 6 months away -- that can't be the case, can it?

Ahem!

The first video was released almost 6 months ago. [Wink]

http://www.combatmission.com/public/CMSF/CMSF-Terrain-Alpha.wmv

yes i have that vid.. what we here in the forum dont have is some action vid, pics yes... vid....no..

it dont have to be fighting a battle, just some veh's (aka-strikers, MBT ect...) rolling down the road/cross country...troops mounting/dismounting the strikers...men/veh's doing a walking patrol down a street in a small town....oh and maybe some ALPHA-testing battles(wouldnt hurt..nope nope nope) :)

I am sure BFC could provide such videos but they are being very cagey for some reason. I think perhaps at the moment they are still trying to perfect some of the animations and don't want to put us off with some "work-in-progress" FMVs. Personally I think this is probably the right approach, as we can still imagine what it will all look like moving from the screenshots we've seen.