Waypoints and targeting

I don't believe the clear target command is working correctly for waypoints. Example:

Order a vehicle to area target buidling while also ordering the unit to pause for 15 seconds then move to a new location and clear the target.

The desired result is to fire at building A for 15 seconds move to the new location and cease fire.

What actually happens is the vehcile fire for 15 seconds moves to the new location and continues to fire for the remainder of the turn.

If you order the unit to move to the new location and fire at a new target it works fine. It doesn't appear you can order a vehicle to move to a new location and stop firing.

It's a very simple work around until something can be done about a cease fire command once a wall is breeched.

11c42lj.jpg

</font>

• Determine breech point. Use Overwatch with support units.</font>

335cehe.jpg
</font>
  • Select TARGET command, place on wall section.</font>

xqao0l.jpg

</font>

• Give the unit a 15 sec PAUSE</font>

23uaayt.jpg
</font>
  • Select a Movement order. REVERSE/SLOW depending on your preference. Place it to the rear of the unit if reversing or to the front of the unit if using a forward move.</font>

</font>

• Select the end waypoint and give FACE command in the direction you wish.</font>

(This ends the TARGET command)

51pvnk.jpg

You now have a breech large enough for your units to proceed through.

Semper Fi

34h724g.jpg

2rw9t6t.jpg

2i96vip.jpg

2vspztd.jpg

The infantry was given a 30sec pause and a QUICK to the 1st floor, then ASSAULT to the roof

2qauzit.jpg

2wm4a5s.jpg

At each of the MOVE’s a TARGET is given on a suspected building to laydown suppression fire.

17s29f.jpg

The Strykers are moving forward targeting the buildings at each of the waypoints.

ayac28.jpg

sbqbkl.jpg

OMG!

I had NO idea the engine was powerful enough to craft separate targets at the various waypoints. That is awesome. (I remember seeing your Deathblossom, but that was while the game was sitting on my shelf. My memory incorrectly had the various target lines as face orders.)

This opens up a huge amount of tactical flexibility.

Wow.

Thanks,

Ken

Consider your self enlightened, Maggot! Now go forth and let slip the dogs of war. 8bnyhle.gif

Enjoy my friend.

Here's the originals:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=71;t=000141#000000

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=71;t=000147#000000

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=71;t=000142#000000

[ March 17, 2008, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Huntarr ]

• 2 weeks later...

How do you give target commands for waypoints? Whenever I attempt to give a target command to a unit, I can only target buildings/units that are in direct LOS from the starting position, regardless of any waypoint I have selected. I can't recreate the "death blossom" for instance - what have I missed?

Originally posted by Exel:

How do you give target commands for waypoints? Whenever I attempt to give a target command to a unit, I can only target buildings/units that are in direct LOS from the starting position, regardless of any waypoint I have selected. I can't recreate the "death blossom" for instance - what have I missed?

Have you tried clicking ;) When you highlight a waypoint and target something, the line will start from your unit till the target, but once you click you will see that the starting point will be the end point of the waypoint.

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Exel:

Have you tried clicking ;) When you highlight a waypoint and target something, the line will start from your unit till the target, but once you click you will see that the starting point will be the end point of the waypoint. </font>