New armored Hummer variant--Pope glass

oren_m,

Drat! Because of the camera angles, my friend and I saw only the top piece (like the windowed Nagmachon section) of whatever it was. Neither of us could identify it. Do you know what armor was used in Jenin that even proximally resembles the Nagmachon?

A high windowed tower is a must. Am starting to wonder whether it might've been one of those armored dozers, with almost none of it visible.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ April 08, 2006, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Originally posted by LongLeftFlank:

Among other things, he co-authored a 1983 study on a new troop carrier for the IDF, after M113s proved totally unsatisfactory for MOUT in Lebanon (i.e. a lot of Israeli kids were killed or maimed in the things).

Kids? Did they transport children in these APCs? Or do you mean soldiers?

Panzer76,

Neither. The author was talking about the tragic waste of young goats. The mines, you see, were causing multiple simultaneous comminuted leg fractures, fractures so severe they often required limb amputation. And the RPGs? Can you say cabrito (barbecued goat)? This is why the Zeldas were found unsuitable for further use.

Regards,

John Kettler

Here are some D-9 pictures.

I'm saying now, that i don't mean to hurt anyone with these pictures, an if you do get hurt....you're on the wrong side! smile.gif

030523_193616-3972_d9-idf%20pic006.jpg

030523_193642-3975_d9-idf%20pic007.jpg

030613_204133-1436_d9-idf%20pic101.jpg

And another picture of me and my crew (the TC is taking the pic), i have posted it here in another thread, but....i dont care.

I'm on the left, it was taken 3 years ago.

438094_131072.JPG

[ April 09, 2006, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: oren_m ]

oren_m,

Bodacious bulldozer! It has the same basic sort of armored, windowed superstructure the Nagmachon has, I see. Am pretty much convinced now that what my friend and I saw was an armored D-9 in Jenin, but only the top part of the cabin. Everything else was masked behind rubble.

Nice to have a face to tie the name to!

Regards,

John Kettler