Soldier Names

It looks like the Soldier naming system from the previous combat mission games are gone.

I haven't seen soldier / vehicle names show in the various screenshots that were posted.

Is there anyway to implement them before release? I find that the naming system adds to the immersion because you get to "know" the people you command.

Itai

Correct (and if killed, a new name is "drawn" for the replacement randomly).

What the player can rename are the unit names. So instead of, say, "1st Squad (Rifle)" you can rename a unit to "Sgt. Buttface's Squad" in the editor if you like.

Martin

Moon,

How many faces are available for the unit information bar? I'm wondering when the first "face mod" will come out like the one using the faces from "Kelly's Heroes" that was done for CMBO (IIRC).

It would be nice to see some movie faces in there such as portraits from "Black Hawk Down" and "Jarhead".

By the way, does anyone know of any other movies about modern warfare that are coming out? Perhaps someone will make one of the Iraq memoir books such as "No True Glory" into a film.

In pre CMBO days a list of names was generated by BF. Forum members could place their names as allied or axis. I think CMAK included all names of purchasers. Are there any plans to include game owners names? Are existing CM names going to be used? I love seeing my name pop up in the game...usually has some poor, hapless jeep jockey...