How do you fire a Javelin?

JavF

Do you have the Javelin CLU as well? If you have the CLU, at least one Javelin missile, are dismounted, aren't too close and aren't too far (neither of which is a problem in the training mission setup), you should be able to give a normal target order and they'll get to it.

Mind you, in-game if there's enough of a target you might not even need to give the target order.

LOL the new "how do I take a screen shot".

You have to make sure that you not only acquire the Jav while in the Stryker or Bradley, but make sure you also acquire at least one missile for it. Then dismount squad.

Best thing to do after you dismount is split the squad into an Anti Tank team, which will give you two guys carrying the Jav and it's ammo. Use that team to target your enemy vehicle. You don't have to split the team after you get the Jav and ammo btw...I just do it to keep my whole squad from shooting off rounds that will waste regular ammo..or might unwanted bring attention to them.

Good luck!

Mord.

• 2 years later...
can i only fire javelin without other squad members firing?

Generally, it depends on the target. If it's a tank, the other squad members usually won't fire, simply because they don't possess weapons capable of harming the tank. If it's a building, bunker, etc., generally not, unless you split off an anti-tank team.