anyone gone back to CMBO CMBB CMAK after CMSF?

Originally posted by Becket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

I'm an East Front grog, hence CMBB being such a monster. Expect something East Front from CMx2, I just can't say when.

Steve

Now that is some utterly fantastic news to wake to today! </font>

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Interesting discussion! Personally speaking, I think the subject matter alone makes these complementary games. However, as some have said, it will be interesting to see how many continue to play CMx1 games after we move to WWII.

Steve

To reply to your question... i will keep in CMx1 for sure, if you stick with the real time design... WEGO is a joke in CM:SF.

I actually had CMAK installed on my system for a month or so. I was using the game and a brigade-sized scenario as a means of testing/stressing a new quad-core CPU. I formatted last week and re-installed Windows, however, and, while CMSF was the first game that I loaded, the older games rest pitifully on a shelf behind me, likely for eternity or Ebay, whichever comes first. ;)

PoE

Well I reinstalled CMBB about...4 hours after CMSF arrived in the mail and I had deinstalled it again already, and even though I had to play unpatched, I felt back at home, with cool WEGO system and tactics and everything.

Yes it looks outdated and sometimes feels weir dbecause of all the abstraction, but I don't care bout eyecandy, the game has to be good.