Basements/Fortifications/Defensive works

I was wondering if there were engine limitations that don't allow for defensive works such as razor wire, tank traps, sandbags, prepared trench positions (as opposed to current hasty versions).

Another question is basements, or lack of thereof rather. Would be interesting to create tank ambushes with RPG teams on 3rd floors and basements. Also, logical step would be to connect larger (4 levels up) buildings with a sewer system.

Additions of reinforced building structures and some sort of "block post" structures to the editor would be most welcome as well. By reiforced i mean fortress versions of the current structures, with things like sandbagged windows/balconies, mousehole firing ports, well protected roof. By "block post" i meant a solid conrete block mini-fortress housing around a platoon, with well protected firing positions, well protected roof OP/Sniper position (troops inside should be nearly 100% protected from small arms fire).

Comments?

The arguments go as follows:

1. CMSF is intended to simulate the operations of a Stryker mech force (and its opponents) in the mobile "blitzkrieg" phase of a hypothetical invasion of Syria. So things such as Hesco barriers, armoured Humvee gun trucks and other gear that would come into play in a post-occupation (i.e. Iraq) insurgency phase are not provided in the game at present.

2. Given the rapid pace of the US advance, the only fortifications the US would likely encounter on the ground are hastily bulldozed and uncamouflaged trenches (which the more skeptical among us refer to as "prefab mass graves") or bunkers (essentially immobile vehicles). Any positions more complex or hardened than these would be unerringly spotted and shellacked by US arty and air and so no meaningful battle would occur on the ground between main forces.

3. There is no need to fortify buildings or to provide more than one thickness of building wall because the mud brick and cement structures that prevail in the Middle East provide adequate cover.

I personally don't agree with any of these points, but there they are. My apologies if I have mischaracterized... please clarify.

We are told that a wider array of fortifications will be provided for the WWII Normandy game (since they were a more important feature of the battlefield there), and will be usable in CMSF.

I think CMSF has grown well out of the scope of simply simulaiting Stryker Brigade. This thread is proof enough http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=72;t=000316

For Red on Red scenarios and even Blue on Red turkey shoots, fortifications will simply be a huge addition. Syrians would fortify every major building within their cities and towns in case of an invasion. Airstrikes and artillery work up to a point, and in densely populated areas probably won't be utilized as much. I simply cannot imagine a 9-story building that is expecting a major assault not being properly prepared, with at least sandbagging the first two floors and basements and boarding up all the entry points.

There is an asthetic factor as well. Would be nice if a warzone looked like a warzone.

It's not an addition that will impact core campaign in any way, just more tools for scenario editors to get creative with.

I doubt there are huge amounts of basements or sewers prevalent in the Syrian setting. If Iraq is anything to go by the sewers are pretty visible!

I would still like to see more defensive stuff though if only to simulate the post-conflict period - Hesco, Sangars with crew-served weapons and razor wire would be high on my wish list. Basements and sewers I can live without.