Theatre of War Demo Released!

After years of waiting, Theatre of War is finally being released and to celebreate the event we are happy to make available the game demo.

The demo features 5 tutorial missions which cover the basics of gameplay, unit control and camera behavior as well as more advanced topics like Line of Fire and Line of Sight. In addition to the playable tutorials there is also one playable mission from the German Campaign, The Last Frontier. In this late war engagement, you are tasked to try and stem the overwhelming tide of Russian armor and infantry as they push forward into the Seelow Heights on the outskirts of Berlin.

Playable units and weapons in this battle include; MG Bunkers, Infantry, Panzerfaust 60's, RPzB 54 Panzerschrecks, PzKpfw IV 70 Jadgpanzer, Jadgtiger, PaK 40's, Hummel, Wespe, PzKpfw 38(t) Hetzer, Pz IV Ausf. H, Pz V Ausf. G Panther and the StuG IV.

grab0002.jpg

Theatre of War Demo Download Page

Madmatt

1 hour 29 minutes and counting in my own download time. smile.gif

Remember, I'm the space chimp who's running Windows on a newly partitioned Intel mac. i'm VERY curious about whether this demo is going to behave itself on my setup or not. If the demo runs on my machine they've got a guaranteed sale.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Since Matts announcement is dated 10pm yesterday it sounds like you might've grabbed the first download on an open line! I shudder to think how many people are now trying to download this same demo all at the same time. :eek:

Yeah, I was getting 800+ kbps. It was coooooooool. :cool:

Originally posted by rune:

Boo, try a computer, it works much better then putting the cd on a box and staring at it like usual.

Rune

Right. This from the guy who begged me (Yes! BEGGED!) to Beta test ToW and then sent me the wrong files.

rune, whenever I think of you, I subconsciously hear a badly out of tune kazoo band.

Why do you think that is?