Lack of Detailed TOEE

Lack of Detailed TOEE

I'm suprised by the lack of detail in the unit selection in the editor, there is no info on the weapons of the various units, does unit X have any anit-Tank weapons? You just don't know until the unit is deployed. The lack of detail is shocking for a CM type game! :eek:

How come there is no US Army or Syrian Infantry companies or weapon teams?

This is because the weapon variability is almost nil between units. And no, I never said ALL this information would be in the manual. That would probably double the size of the manual.

The manual does have a section in it that describes, at a higher level, what to expect for each major group of units (Branches). This helps out especially with the Syrian formations. For the most part there are organized the same but have slightly different equipment.

That being said, we aren't exactly happy with the way it is now. This is something we intend on enhancing over time. Remember, if we held back CM:SF for every feature every person wanted we'd probably be a year away from release. We had the same philosophy with CMBO as well. It worked for CMBO and it will work for CM:SF. The alternative simply isn't attractive to anybody.

Steve

[ August 02, 2007, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Battlefront.com ]

Martin,

The information is all in there and is not hidden from the player. If you look at a US Stryker Scout Platoon in the Editor or in the game, all the information about what is equipped with is shown. It is not shown in the Purchase screen because there is a LOT of info and we didn't prioritize working out how to show it effeciently.

Because there are so few variations in force types that aren't obvious in the Editor (for example, the vehicle type is shown), the basics of a Formation can be memorized to some extent. CMx1 games had far too many strange variations and therefore it was impossible to know what was in what. Because of this difference the coding of the Editor to show the minutia of each unit was not a high development priority. I'm sure will disagree, but simply put we couldn't put in everything and that means something couldn't go in. At least right away.

Steve

Hi Steve!

I can understand your position - and, if i would have to code such a game, i also would set priorities to, maybe, more important things.

Well, i missed these "individual" infos, too! It came up to me, when i did want to change the amount of ammo for my troops. There i saw, that is not possible anymore.

For me, and i think for the most fans here, the editor in all Cm-Games is the long-time, superduperspecial tool, no other game offers. It would be great to have the features to change single units and the infos in the purchase table back again.

(sorry for my english)

Greetings

Jochen