Combining Crews?

Gents,

Due to my tactical negligence, I've had two Bradleys suffer crew casualties. (Side note: crew casualties are shown by the ABSENCE of an icon; why not show yellow or red, if wounded or incapacitated?)

Regardless, one crew lost its gunner, the other crew lost its driver. In a perfect world, I'd be able to remount one Bradley with a complete crew (leaving the extra guy in the back of the Bradley). I was unable to do so.

Thoughts? Is this to be left for v1.10?

Thanks,

Ken

c3k,

Splendid suggestion!

Thomm,

If it is doable, I'd be interested in your thoughts on a degrade to reflect a) circumstances of new crew formation and B) lack of daily experience working with each other. Common crew training is one thing; being in the same track day after day's something else again. AFV crews are closer in many ways than most married couples.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

If it is doable, I'd be interested in your thoughts on a degrade to reflect a) circumstances of new crew formation and B) lack of daily experience working with each other. Common crew training is one thing; being in the same track day after day's something else again. AFV crews are closer in many ways than most married couples.

My thoughts? While your suggestion has a clear foundation in real life, I think it would be a case of severe overengineering in programming terms.

Best regards,

Thomm

My suggestion is that re-manning w. separate crews would be conditional on leadership (either the remaining TC, or senior leader that the crews are in command of).

Good leaders will take the initiative, and tell the crews to join together and man the vehicle to continue the mission. Men will listen to good leaders and it will happen.

Poor leaders will be *quite* content to sit the battle out and pretend they need to stay with the vehicle for whatever reasons. The men *might* want to re-join the battle, but will almost always defer to the poor leader.

Trying to model the variable of situations with no leaders and/or one soldier taking the initiative to TC/lead could be modeled, but to make that the case in EVERY instance would be, I feel, unrealistic. Even a 50/50 variable would be pushing it (unless the unit was elite).

Regular troops taking that kind of initiative would be closer to 70/30 (ie - 70% of crews NOT joining w. other crews, unless in the presence of GOOD leaders).

my $0.02

Good leaders will take the initiative, and tell the crews to join together and man the vehicle to continue the mission
thats why "you" order them to join together and man the vehicle to continue the mission! ;)

arent we all good leaders wich only want the best for their mission and their man :D