Bad news - the first 5 minutes look as awful as TOW

Sandy,

What you are experiencing should not be happening. Obviously smile.gif The Microsoft fix that Rune posted about is the likely way out of your problems. For people affected by this issue, there is no substitute! I know this because my computer was affected by this bug and the game was completely unplayable without it. We also had a reviewer have the same problem. One patch and BINGO... everything was better. Hopefully that will be your experience as well.

Steve

Working for me, jumped into battle <name deleted for security reasons>. Had trouble finding out how to place the units in the setup (yes, I did not read the manul - real men dont).

Started the game, had my Strykers advancing in good order, till the Syrians fired some ATGM or something, and they went boom.

Now reading the manual.

A short note to say that Rune's link fixed the crash and graphics problems on my laptop.

The game now runs nicely and I have completed a QB - only slight problem is the QB result - Total US Victory with 2 US wounded vs about 100 Syrian KIA/MIA/Missing (on my first try without reading the manual and still not understanding most of the commands and icons).

It IS realistic, but WW2 would be better, more balanced and more fun...

OK I'll wait for it, and I am happy to buy CMSF to support the WW2 version.

At least this IS better than TOW, but the "out of box experience" was truly grim.

Glad we got so many of you squared away so quickly with the graphics problems. We thought there were hardware/software issues with 3D games back when we made CMBO... oh boy, were those ever good days compared to the environment we're in now! And just think of all the ones you guys didn't see because we've already fixed them. Yesh :D

Steve