Bugs

Hi, a few things I've notcied:

Troops running from a 5 storey building to the roof of a two storey building directly, i.e. across mid air on a diagonal path.

ATGM team depoying in mid air, about 4 storeys up and then getting stuck there.

Walls/buildings not blocking line of sight.

If defending as Syrians, americans barely advance, on the whole they sit in their deployment zone.

Have yet to see the BMP firing it's AT missiles against a vehicle, the only time one fired was when I targeted a blank area.

How is it that 5 defenders in a building firing at an american crawling along open ground 30m away cannot be hit? Yet as soon as he fires back, a Syrian is nailed?

Why is the at man always the first to be killed, while I can accept this with an ATGM, as it's easier to spot, but when rpgs housed in a building as part of a squad, and at considerable distance - seems a bit far fetched that he buys it first all the time. Often they don't even get chance to fire - what are they supposed to be doing, the rpg would already be loaded and good to go, all he has to do is turn and shoot.

Thats it for now, sorry if these have already been raised.

Thanks, rib.

Originally posted by ribster:

Hi, a few things I've notcied:

Troops running from a 5 storey building to the roof of a two storey building directly, i.e. across mid air on a diagonal path.

ATGM team depoying in mid air, about 4 storeys up and then getting stuck there.

Wow, rare stuff didn't have that never. I've noticed that a lot of bugs are dependent on how much proccesing power your cpu has related to map and force size, if your computer can barelly move the game or it's chunky rare stuff happen often.

Walls/buildings not blocking line of sight.
Yeah, known stuff. Aparently 1.03 will fix a lot of the LOS/LOF problems.

If defending as Syrians, americans barely advance, on the whole they sit in their deployment zone.
More than a bug, probably bad designed scenario with not good StratAI plans. Some scenarios are designed to be played just from one side so cehck out.

Have yet to see the BMP firing it's AT missiles against a vehicle, the only time one fired was when I targeted a blank area.
Yes, this is TacAI odd behaviour, has to be polished (I think 1.03 will include some of the refinements allready).

How is it that 5 defenders in a building firing at an american crawling along open ground 30m away cannot be hit? Yet as soon as he fires back, a Syrian is nailed?
Where these uncons? what experience? which were weather & time conditions? A lot of things could influence this, looks odd anyway, as I usually find Syrians just too much accurate.

Why is the at man always the first to be killed, while I can accept this with an ATGM, as it's easier to spot, but when rpgs housed in a building as part of a squad, and at considerable distance - seems a bit far fetched that he buys it first all the time. Often they don't even get chance to fire - what are they supposed to be doing, the rpg would already be loaded and good to go, all he has to do is turn and shoot.
True, this may be happening due to the extremely good identification of enemies. There is not middle ground between unknown and identified. Once enemy is seen you and your troops automatcly know if it's an AT team or squad and who has the AT weapons, then they aim for the guy with the RPG or ATGM (which it's ok TacAI behaviour, but they just shouldn't be able to spot so easily to the point they know who is carrying what weapon, specially at long distances and inside buildings).

Cheers.

Originally posted by Knac:

Wow, rare stuff didn't have that never. I've noticed that a lot of bugs are dependent on how much proccesing power your cpu has related to map and force size, if your computer can barelly move the game or it's chunky rare stuff happen often.

The above is nothing to do with my PC, both processor and graphics are more than adequate. It runs very smoothly. Just had it happen again, ran straight across from one 2 storey roof to another, definitely a problem.

Cheers, rib.

Originally posted by Xanthos581:

I've had invisible troops. You can see the move line changing as the troops move but the figures are invisible. Anyone else with problem? Haven't seen it in the forums.

Hi, not seen this myself, but I don't doubt that you have seen it. Another thing I noticed is that once an enemy unit has been spotted, if you click on that enemy unit it then reveals practically all of the enemy forces, even though you have no line of sight to them - kind of negates the reason to be stealthy!

Originally posted by George Mc:

The troops doing the matrix thing in the air is a rarish but known bug - all going well it should be fixed in the next patch I think.

Cheers fur noo

George Mc

Could be an abstraction in the game. It not entirely clear what is being abstracted and not abstracted at this point.

QUOTE] Hi, not seen this myself, but I don't doubt that you have seen it. Another thing I noticed is that once an enemy unit has been spotted, if you click on that enemy unit it then reveals practically all of the enemy forces, even though you have no line of sight to them - kind of negates the reason to be stealthy!

I have found a bug that is getting just plain annoying. Inf units in any building level will not eliminate other enemy inf in the same level. I have had numerous occasions where enemy and freindly units alike occupy the same level and continue shooting out the windows at other enemy forces while ignoring each other. I think there should be a fix to this that before an enemy unit gets within 1 meter of a friendly unit on the same level, the outcome is automatically resolved by either or both units being KIA. Just my opinion. smile.gif

Hi

Ribster: seen the flying troops too. In the Ambush Tutorial scenario IIRC.

Xanthos 581: I've also seen the invisible troops (contradiction aside). I see their movement line and I can give them orders but they don't follow them. They don't fire and they just wander around until the situation ends.

Originally posted by whaco:

I have found a bug that is getting just plain annoying. Inf units in any building level will not eliminate other enemy inf in the same level. I have had numerous occasions where enemy and freindly units alike occupy the same level and continue shooting out the windows at other enemy forces while ignoring each other. I think there should be a fix to this that before an enemy unit gets within 1 meter of a friendly unit on the same level, the outcome is automatically resolved by either or both units being KIA. Just my opinion. smile.gif

On one occasion I had one soldier from each side in a small room staring at each other through the whole round. I tried moving mine around to see if they would do anything. Sometimes I think this type of thing adds to the realism, they probably decided it was just the 2 of them so why not play cards.

Originally posted by Xanthos581:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by whaco:

On one occasion I had one soldier from each side in a small room staring at each other through the whole round. I tried moving mine around to see if they would do anything. Sometimes I think this type of thing adds to the realism, they probably decided it was just the 2 of them so why not play cards. </font>