Update and suggestions regarding the "freeze" issue some of you are seeing!

Moon.. the disks looks grate.. but the pakiage was suspect.. just the manual in plasitc with both cds in papper casing..

the cds look grate

the installer worked fine on my other computer..

no CRC error..

but i get them INGAME..

one thing more

when i install the game.. the crc erre does not come on the samespot each time..

its so wery enoying...

[ August 28, 2005, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: Novum ]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by klugman:

I wonder how many people that are having freezes/ctd's, also have the nforce2 chipset?

My mainboard is the MSI K7N2D.

Just a thought.

I get them too and I'm on an Intel platform, so it's not limited to nforce2.

Can't remember if I have provided my system specs before, but here they are just in case:

Abit IC7-G mainboard

Pentium 4 Northwood 3.0 GHz, oc'ed to 3.3 GHz

2x Corsair XMS 3500 512 Mb (thus 1 GB total)

HIS Radeon X850 XT

Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

The HIS videocard has just replaced a Tyan Radeon 9700 Pro. I got the freezes with the old card too.

Cheers,

Erling

I have had this problem since day one. With any of my 3 systems listed below. T72 freezes on all of them. Have disabled and removed Audigy Zs. Still freezes.

Also with regards to Overclocking,

The systems I am going to list for you below all contain ASUS main boards and every last one of these boards overclocks a bit by DEFAULT. I have found with most of the newer generation boards that I have used, Nforce4 Intel, Nforce4 AMD, and Intel 955X based all are more difficult to run at spec then to overclock. Thats right you heard correctly. Bios defaults on these boards are overclocked in more then one way.

I hope your statements about this game not running on a overclocked system are not accurate.

This would be a grave mistake. And if this is the case then you are going to have an awful lot of unhappy customers on your hands. I strongly suggest you test your game on one of the boards listed below. I mean man, what are you thinking? Do you have no concept of modern hardware at all?

This is nuts. I am NOT kidding when I say these boards overclock with bios defaults! (For an average user it is more difficult to set these boards to spec then to leave them OC'd at bios defaults.)

System 1

P4 650 (3.4GHz,2MB L2, 800MHz FSB, Socket 775)

Asus P5ND2-SLI Deluxe Bios Rev 0802

Lian-LI PC-60B-Plus

Coolermaster Real Power 550(RS-550-ACLY)

2GB Patriot(PDC22G5600+XBLK) DDR2

2x 160GB Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 Serial ATA II 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer (Raid 0)

1x 160GB Seagate ST3160827AS NCQ Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer

1x 120GB Seagate ST3120026AS Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer

BFG Geforce 7800GTX 256MB PCI-E

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (Latest WinXP OpenAl drivers).

Creative Inspire 7.1 Speaker System

NEC ND-3520A DVD-RW

DirectX 9.0c

Thrustmaster Cougar (Uber2 NXT Mod)

Simped vario Pro Rudders w/F-16 Toebrake addon.

TrackIR3 Pro w/Vector Expansion

MS Multimedia Natural keyboard

Logitech MX-518 Mouse

System 2

P4 640 (3.2GHz, 2MB L2, 800MHz FSB, Socket 775)

Asus P5WD2 Premium Bios Rev 0509

Coolermaster Real Power 550(RS-550-ACLY)

2GB Kingston DDR2 533 (VR533D2N4K2/2G) Memory

2x 160GB Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 Serial ATA II 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer (Raid 0)

XFX Geforce 6800GT 256MB PCI-E

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (Latest WinXP OpenAl drivers)

NEC ND-3520A DVD-RW

DirectX 9.0c

Thrustmaster Digital F22PRO/TQS

Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

System 3

Asus A8N-SLI Premium Bios Rev 1008-001

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Venice)

Enermax Noisetaker EG495AX-VE (W)SFMA 485W PS

1GB Kingston (4X512MB) DDR400 (1x KVR400X64C3AK2/1G)

1x 120GB Seagate ST3120026AS Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer

BFG Geforce 6800GT OC 256MB PCI-E

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (Latest WinXP OpenAl drivers)

NEC ND-3520A DVD-RW

Plextor PX-716A DVD/RW DL Drive

DirectX 9.0c

Thrustmaster Digital F22PRO/TQS

Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

TrackIR (Version1)

Polecat out

CompTIA A+ Network+ Certified

Game crashes all the time on my laptop, but just crashed for the first time on my home PC (been playing it for about a month). PC specs: P4, 1.7 GHz, 768MB RAM, NVidia GeForce4 Ti 4600.

The crash occured due to my virus checker popping up in the background telling me it was time to renew my subscription, and it hasn't happened since. Hope this helps somehow!

P.S. I tried all the tips in the first post

for my laptop gaming. The crashes still occur but definatley less often. (about 2 hours play prior to crash.)

Just a brief clarification about overclocking and T-72.

There is nothing specific about T-72 thats makes it any more or less stable with an overclocked system. We have seen people that overclock their CPU's by more than 10% with no crashes as all the same as some people that don't overclock have had no freezes.

The comment is a general one in that with ANY overclocked system, stablity with any given application is somewhat suspect.

I have an overclocked system which I have tested T-72 with that has never crashed on me, so as with any overclocking situaiton, your milage may vary.

Once more, I want to express my appreciation for all the input you guys have been giving. It has helped us try and better isolate the issue. Hopefully, I will have some more info shortly.

Madmatt

Originally posted by barra733:

Wehner,

Game freezes, cannot do anything with the game. Task manager shows game as 'running'. The one time this happened on my home PC I didn't check the task manager but the symptoms were the same as when it crashes on my laptop.

yup, that is exactly what I mean and what initially drove tarball (and some others) to open the thread.

Michael

UPDATE:

As I promised before, I will post updates as I get them.

Right now we are looking over the various hardware and system specs that you have all supplied and the dev's are working to try and replicate the freezes.

One thing I noticed was that in the original Russian release there was no mention of crashes so we are looking at differences between the two versions to try and see what might have changed which could be triggering the lockups. In order to help facilitate that I need the services of a few willing volunteers that have the time and resources to help me out on a special task.

If you have the following assets:

* Access to a VERY high speed broadband connection (DSL/Cable or faster)

* Your copy of T-72 constantly freezes

* You have the time to devote in the next week to help out

Then please contact me directly in email (matt@battlefront.com) to volunteer and I will provide more details on what I want to try.

I only need a couple of people though so if I don't reply immeditately back to your email, then it means I got enough people. I will append this message as well once I get enough people to help me test this next step out and detail what we find.

Thanks!

Madmatt

• 3 weeks later...

I am a long time gamer i.e. a long time game trouble shooter, but I cannot get this game to not freeze. I have tried lowering hardware accel. in steps--no help. For a while I thought it was the Shortcut. Once in a while that has been a problelm in other games, but it didn't help in this game. The game never feezes in the same place twice, and some times I get thru a whole training scenario or two with no freezes...but then the next time it will. I give up on this game. Too bad. If I could get a refund I would.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else here updated thier video card drivers & had any success?

Cause it was freezing on my system ( Mission 4 is where it started)& I just recently updated to cat 10 & havent had a freeze yet ( fingers crossed , touches wood , ect.

My system specs

Aopen a700a big boy case

Aopen 500 watt PSU

Asus p4p800_deluxe

p4 2.6 o/c to 3.2 smile.gif )

audigy 2 zs

seagate 200 gig SATA

W/d 40 gig PATA

1024 ddr 400 ( yum cha brand )

HIS radeon X850xt AGP @ 590 clock smile.gif )

zalman za C ...blah blah whatever big ass cooler

As you can see i luv to clock my gear up & this is the first game ive ran into any problems with , the freezing is NOT due to overclocking , Id bet its a driver ( all be it video or gart )

Just my thoughts

Excellent sim btw , cant wait for the add on

I'll keep you posted & hopefully i'll stay crash \ freeze free.

I'll hand it to Martin and Madmatt, they seem to care about the freezing problem.

However, now that it's been 3 or so months since I bought this (I didn't wait for the demo, my bad), this thing is really not any closer to being fixed. too bad.

Something wasn't effective about the beta testing done on this as this show-stopper seems to bufuddle defy fixing.

Craq, I shelved this two months ago and have added to my "learn from experience file."

Let's face it folks, this title is in the small-time sales category and battlefront is essentially a "boutique" or "mom-and-pop" operation. If you are a part of the 10% (perhaps the number is even lower than that) of us who are just stuck with this, keep in mind that such a percentage is almost an acceptable "error rate" in terms of gauging the success of this title.

I'll admit that I bought the title only at being frustrated at the endless wait for Steelbeasts Pro PE.

So, again, Kudos to the publishers for trying (I believe they are honest and sincere). However, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one folks. It's clear that things are at the grasping for straws stage now.

Greetings to those for whom this title works, seems like you're having fun.

Actually there has been some significant movement lately that we wanted to inform you of.

CrazyHouse has just added several new programers to the T-72 team and there sole purpose is to work on the patch, especially the freezing issue.

I have also been doing a lot of testing behind the scenes and on various hardware profiles to try and better isolate or eleminate potential configuration issues.

Of course, of all of this still takes time but I don't want anyone to feel that progress on a patch has ceased because if anything, it is accelerating forward.

Madmatt