Update and suggestions regarding the "freeze" issue some of you are seeing!

I have used the demo:

1. I love it and want to buy it, but ...

2. It freezes and I would be stupid to buy it.

I am used to niche games (Dangerous Waters, Bob2 Wings of Victory, etc.) and am pretty forgiving of such products, but this freezing is too much.

It is good that CrazyHouse is trying to fix this. If it definitely gets fixed, I would buy this game immediately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have some preliminary good news for you.

The developer has recently informed us that they allegedly not only identified the freeze bug but apparently have fixed it as well. I say allegedly since I have not yet been able to check this for myself (waiting to get an advance version of the patch from them). But I did want you guys to know that, as promised, it looks like progress is being made.

If any of you (with the full version) want to help me to test this patch (in beta form) then drop me an email and I will select a handfull of you to help confirm that the pesky freezes are indeed gone for good.

Expect to hear more very soon. The patch is expected to feature other improvements and fixes than just the freezes but obviously, thats the key component right now. If the freezes are shown to be fixed, an updated demo with new missions (more exciting ;) ) will also be created and released.

Madmatt

So far so good. I got several guys working on the new patch and while they all used to get freezes before NO ONE has gotten one yet with the patch version! (knock on wood!)

I also have news on some other fixes that are in. These are two of the biggies in my book:

* Dual Mode bug (reported as fixed).

* Joystick axis (switched back the way it should have been from the start).

They also fixed a few typo's, did some work with the command que's (I think that means the speed of which commands are carried out when you make lots of quick orders) and some other more minor details.

Tarball or you other guys, if you want to help test this, pop me an email and I can send you the beta patch. My email is matt@battlefront.com

Madmatt