Money issues

Redcon-5

From the general tone of the boards I think you are about ready to release so a couple of questions conserning the almighy dollar (OR Euro or yen or pound... you get the point)

1) can we, the general public, preorder or is it going to be a feeding frenzy the first day?

2) I might have missed this but are servers going to free with the game (like Halo) or you you going to have subscriptions?

Regarding 1):

yes, we'll have pre-orders for 2-3 weeks before the actual release. Pre-orders will start as soon as we have a first official release candidate, and will end as soon as we officialy go gold. We will then open the game for digital delivery right away, and it might take another week or two before the dvd cases are available.

For all pre-orders, you are going to get:

a) the ability to be the first to download the game once it goes live before anybody else

B) you get the download AND you get the DVD case, printed manual and CD in mail a few days later

c) you pay $45+S&H only for the "download&mail" option, and therefore save $10 off the regular $55 price for that delivery option

And now for the best news: as you have seen from the version jump, we're very very close to a release candidate, meaning that pre-orders are scheduled for launch this week for all three platforms, PC, Mac and Linux!

Martin

Work on CMSF and CMC is totally independent of other projects (and each other, too), it's different developer teams. BTW, thanks for your wishes, so far the garbage is selling like hot cakes smile.gif

Martin

hehe, i wasnt interested in SC1 but SC2 is sure worth a try. i played the demo and i like it. i never played SC1 so i can enjoy SC2 to the fullest.

as soon as i have a credit card "available"(meeans ill borow some, dont steal some ;) )ill get SC2.

about Drop Team;

its a verry nice idea and as i can read most people are enjoying the game to most extent.

i would give it a try if it wouldnt have this "future" setup, wich gives it a nice touch for some people but turns me off at most.

beside the "future scenario" the game looks verry funny to play and be nicely made, congrats to the DEV´s.

PS.: iam also waiting for CMC and CM:SF. especially CMSF will kick major butt. but i will drop a tear for the big scope the CMx1 games had. i hope you can crank the battles in CMSF up, if you and your comp can manage that many people/vehiles.

Pandur

I really think that somebody should do a WWII mod of Drop Team. I don't have the skill (or the time) to do such a big job. But I would imagine using CMAK vehicle data as the source for information it should be relatively straightforward to do such a mod. 3D modelling would ofcourse be the biggest job. Some help would be needed from the dev team to get features needed for such a job (getting reinforcement points instead of drop ships for unit deployment, getting rid of auto-range and so on). If somebody is going to try to do such a mod, I am definitely willing to help.

Ok, it might not be entirely accurate, but I think there would be a lot of people interested playing with Shermans, Panthers and Tigers instead of Thors and Apollos. Even if there wouldn't be machineguns and things like that.

(getting reinforcement points instead of drop ships for unit deployment
damn i got a funny idea :D

what about a future scenario(dropships stay) where it goes about "WWII recration". so like a big "game".(i can remember "bet on soldier", not like that)

more or less the same like now but players dress up as "germans/what ever side to choose" and call PzIV(x) per drop ship. or 88er AT bunker instead of the turret...(ofcourse it needs the whole load of vehicles ;) )

that must be funny.

i got enough "real WWII" games allready, lets recreate a WWII battlefield in the future :D

i know this sound...weird, but i would like it instantly!

[ May 11, 2006, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Pandur ]

DropTeam is going to be modder's heaven. All data is stored in simple XML files, and one of the first thing you'll be seeing after the game goes gold are detailed modding instructions posted by the dev team. This means support for mods that go far beyond the mere graphical mods of the CM games, but truly different scenarios, planets, and units.

A realistic WW2 mod might be impossible to pull off, because you will not be able to add infantry, but nobody says that one cannot try smile.gif

Martin

can you give a rough estimate as to when infantry will be implimented?
When we get closer to having this feature finished, I'll post an ETA. As things stand, infantry are already up and running in a prototype - the real challenge is to make them usable on the lower end machines out there.