Glaring Omission

After a cursory look at the list of ships available, I noticed the German pocket battleships are missing. I'm hoping that will be addressed before the game ships. A WW2 naval game without the Graf Spee (also the Ajax & Achilles) seems lacking.

Maybe Combat Mission has spoiled me with the inclusion of such a wide selection of units. Leaving out the pocket battleships in Modern Naval Battles seems equivalent to leaving out the Panthers in CM. :eek: :eek: :(

BFC, fix or somefink... :D

Battle of River Plate. The Graf Spee. Need I say more. Yes,(it has been stated that it still in the works, and on occasion to check the list.) I will in hoping that the pocket battleships are included in the game. This will be my big selling/ticket item in purchasing this game.

Hello All,

Thank you for your feedback on the additional ships to include. The current ship listing is the list of ships appearing in the card game.

For the computer game we plan on expanding the list.

The German pocket battleships are of particular interest in game terms. They will pack a fair punch for a low cost (11" and 6" guns, 4 Hull, cost 4).

I welcome all your feedback on which ships you would like to see included, and we'll do our best to include as many as possible.

As time goes by, I would like to have some kind of "Shipyard" section in the MNB website, so you can be kept up to date on which models are being worked on.

I also noticed no Heavy Cruisers for the US (ie CA-71 Quincy)

Maybe I'm not understanding the scope of this game though...and of course I'm a little partial because my grandfather served on the Quincy (not the ill fated CA-41 that sunk at Guadalcanal, but rather the CA-71 that served in both D-Day and the surrendor of Japan!)

• 3 weeks later...

The gaming world is one of patches. I'm sure that if something isn't included at first, the next opportunity for a patch will include bug fixes, new classes of ships, and the like. Keep this in mind if you don't see the particular favorite class.

[ October 30, 2004, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: sonar732 ]

• 2 weeks later...