Hubert! Railroads/roads bitmaps, listen please!!!!

Hubert include roads/railroads into patch 1. It would make the game so much better especially for the modders. Oh and also include more river-tiles(it's lacking in some directions you can see for yourself) and also some more "straight-running" coastal and river hexes, with that I mean north-south and west-east through the tile-diagonals.

Its not easy doing a north-south running coast line when you get curves on every damn terrain-tile, it looks completly horrible. Only way to succeed is to "tilt" the map as the terrain is done to work with the tiles sides and not edges(or diagonals).

Please add us some more of these bitmaps.

I just played ”Market Garden” and realised that it’s impossible to simulate without roads. The roads were the key for the allies to secure Arnhem.

Then it comes to grand scale I can see the pos and negs, still I’m for it thou, but then it comes to regimental or division size it’s an absolute MUST!

Pls, implement roads and rails in a coming patch or the whole tactical editor turns out useless unless you cover areas there were was no infrastructure. Also it could be connected to the infrastructure tech.

Although this has probably been addressed in detail, I would agree with both. I have looked into editing to develop the desired "road effect" but it seems the effort would be considerable and would impact just about everything in the game. Maybe that is why Hubert is/was reluctant to include it in the first place (along with it being somewhat irrelevant to the scope he intended the game to cover). Guess I’’ll have to make do with what is there…which is considerable Hubert, thanks again.

you could have roads just like ports. so say the uk bombs the roads or the railway to Germany the supply in france gets cut from 8 to 5.

or even it could prevent operating units in to that territory.

or even have them go to 0mmp.

that way the allies could have a very successful bombing campaign.

Originally posted by Mr.Dozer:

you could have roads just like ports. so say the uk bombs the roads or the railway to Germany the supply in france gets cut from 8 to 5.

or even it could prevent operating units in to that territory.

or even have them go to 0mmp.

that way the allies could have a very successful bombing campaign.

hm interesting suggestion. At least bridges could be implemented and work this way. Good thinking Dozer.