I've been following this forum for some years(!) now – quietly – and been amazed by the lack of info during periods.

Although fully understanding the intensions of “better late and working then …” what is now this I read?!?!?!?!?!? -Game is ready, but download servers aren’t.

Should I laugh or cry

The download servers are not prepared for SC2 only, but as part of the release of our digital delivery platform. Until that is fully tested and ready to go, the only way to obtain the game is officially as it has always been: via mail.

The CDs are being pressed right now, and once they are back in the warehouse, we'll "release" the game and start shipping out pre-orders, then switch to "orders".

Independently of that, we're working on finishing and launching our new digital delivery platform. I wish that it was ready now, but it isn't, and this has nothing to do with SC2 being ready or not. Until we fully test it and are confident that after all this pointless whining of "are we there yet?" we don't get into another round of whining "bawahaaa... my download doesn work!" - which would be much much worse - you only have the option either wait, or lurk, or emigrate to Germany (gulp)... smile.gif

If I see another post of "is it there yet", I am officially going to go nuts and manually adjust the profile of that person to "underage"... ;)

Meanwhile, our distributor in Germany is following its own schedule, and the game might be out there a little earlier than we're ready. Maybe, maybe not. Is it confirmed yet that anyone in Germany actually already got his? I haven't seen any confirmation. Even if, we're also almost done, and we're focussing on getting STC2 up and running first, before finishing all the other games for DL.

Martin

Martin it seems you will have to emigrate to germany. :D If you ask me if it is confirmed then i have to say yes .....i defenitely know from 5 ppl already owing the boxed SC 2....sorry for all ppl here waiting for the game...i know i m a bastard LOL

I dont own it already btw ;)

Ordered my version at Battlefront - sorry, no advantage for me ;) .

So nobody who looses in SC 2 vs me can complain I had a head start :D .

P.S.: the german version was sent out last Friday and mostly arrived saturday at the ones who preordered it.

But for HvsH competition games it is a bit early anyway since first there need to be some patches (and to find the right rules) to make it ready for fair games ;) . Therefore Panzerliga started now only a provisional so called "wild League" until an official League will start at Juli 1st when players also got a chance to get used to the game smile.gif .

[ April 11, 2006, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]