Swapping CDs

Now that CMAK is out and i am determined to play simultaneously CMBB and CMAK games (unlike when CMBB arrived i quickly stopped playing CMBO) i have to swap the CDs constantly, putting both the CD player and the CD itself at risk (mechanical failure or scratch).

What would you gentlemen recommend ; are there any double CD players ? What other solution may i consider ?

Thank you in advance.

I would suggest having a look here > Alcohol 120%.

I think its PC only ... not sure if you are using PC or mac. Trial version download available .... I tired, I bought it !!

I bought a copy to save on disc swapping and it works without any problems at all.

The program can create an image file of your original CD and automatically mount it in a virtual CD drive. You can have up to 31 virtual drives installed, I currently have images of CMBO, CMBB and CMAK all mounted, with my original CD's safely stored away.

Of course you will need the HD space to be able to store the images on your PC. Once configured, everything gets loaded up at system boot up, Windows just sees the virtual drives as normal CD/DVD drives. Works OK with BFC and CDV disks.

Lou

It is a good little program ... I've been using it for a few months after somebody reccommended it. Its been so reliable that I forget I'm using it :cool:

... always the sign of a good bit of software.

Just be aware that it can take quite a while to create an image of a protected CD (ie CDV) and you may think it has failed. It could take a couple of hours. Just let it continue.

Non-protected disk images are created in a couple of mins.

Well worth the money, cheaper and easier than a new drive.

I though more people knew about it.

Lou

They do work great. But i gotta warn you fellas about using these virtual cd-rom programs. In case your not aware this. Some games simply won't boot up if they detect any of these installed on your hard drive. I know my Op FlashPoint wouldn't work when i had Daemon Tools installed. Also, recently with the 1.5 patch for Raven Shield they implemented this "no boot up" thing if any was detected.

But i guess if all your gonna play is CM games then im sure you'll be alright. Just remember though, if you ever get a game that won't boot up, it might be because of the virtual cd-rom program.

Just wanted to warn you. Good luck with using them.

I wish developers like BFC would give you the option of paying more for a version that does not need a CD. I certainly would pay for that option.

Considering the age of the players of CM games I doubt copy protection saves them much at all. Some kids may play it, but I doubt they are a big percentage of the players.