Anyone using rockets?

I've got one in France right now, I'm in July of '44 of the Barbarossa Campaign, it's up to level 3 and so far has been pretty good at dinging the RN when they show up to try and bombard units stationed on the coast.

I haven't decided yet how much they are worth, but since my tech went up fast I decided to build one - besides, they look really cool!!

This is one of my pet projects, but I'm not far enough along in my Hotseat to draw any conclusions.

Initially it seems they need to be teched up to at least level 4 because of low soft and tank attack starting values. On the way to that level you can get some good experience.

Perhaps attach them to an HQ you wish to max experience on also. Once at the upper levels they should provide a good artillery arm.

It would be nice to be able to upgrade them with motorization so that you could simulate self-propelled artillery, typical in the latter stages of WW2.

Don't forget to protect them with an experienced airfleet or two or park them in resource/cities with upgraded AAA status.

I've used rockets as all-around fire support. They are great when the air is contested but not controlled by the enemy. They are a good way to soften the enemy before sending in the more vulnerable fighters and ground forces.