Reading through the recent postings, I have noticed that some are yet concerned about such various things as:

1) Will Air Fleets still be too powerful?

2) Will LUCK be too much of a factor?

3) Will the game remain faithful to historical actualities?

Etc, etc.

I have thought this over a bit and this is what I can tell you.

For all of those who PREFER a WW2 GS game that is VERY precisely "modeled" on the exact actuality, and comes VERY close to how the real war was conducted, consider this:

You can set the "combat target values" FOR EACH individual combat unit, and FOR EACH individual country, major or minor. smile.gif

And for all those who have chafed or complained that LUCK was too decisive, well,

You can limit (... or even, eliminate altogether) research advances in ANY field.

Therefore, let's say you don't care for AF's being able to destroy so many strength points of those huddled ground units... then, you'll go to the Editor and lower the soft attack rating for AF's.

You might feel that it should be easier for GErmany to annihilate hapless France? :eek:

You go to the Editor and lower the defense ratings for French Armies and Corps (... keeping the tanks as tough to kill as they actually were) so France might be over-run in a 6-week timetable, as it happened IRL.

You don't care for Italian Navy being able to compete with British Navy?

You go the Editor and set Brit RN surface vessels naval attack ratings higher (... or, give them one higher level for "gun laying radar") than Italy, which you may also have lowered slightly.

No more Italian dreams of Mare Nostrum!

I am no Math Guy, but the possible permutations must be... in the millions, at least.

You can VERY PRECISELY model the various attack and defense ratings of ALL your combat units, SO THAT

You CAN play a whole grand campaign that will ALMOST exactly re-play... the way it was.

You can do all this, and "cap" every research category, and change or deny diplomacy, and change the weather patterns, and and and etc, and finally!

There you have it. :cool:

THE very PRECISE WW2 GS game that you have always wanted. With PRECISE ratings for every single combat unit, according to how YOU perceive the relative strengths of each Country.

I tell you now... as has been suggested over in the FAQ... the sky IS the limit!

NO!

The outer moons of UNDISCOVERED planet Placentia ... is your actual limit. ;)

NOW! You WILL have that WW2 GS game that is the VERY ONE that you have designed in your mind.

Admit it, all these years you have felt that... "Hey, I could design the PERFECT WW2 GS game!"

[... of course, for competitive purposes, you may want to keep the default game, which WILL be very accurate and balanced]

And so, for your OWN purposes and pleasures, soon! will come into existence, THE GAME that YOU have VERY much wanted, all these many years.

The one that you will STILL be playing 10 years from now.

Now,

How can you beat that?

And,

Isn't it worth... the wait?

For... "the perfect storm?" :cool:

Which is what I will probably do.
No doubt many will choose to very often play the default game, me included.

It will be thoroughly tested and remain faithful to WW2 GS history and incident.

One thing to remember... this is Hubert's baby, through and through.

He ALONE decides what goes in, and what is excluded.

IMHO (... yah, call me a fan-boy if yers wants to, I don't mind ;) )

There has NEVER been ANY other game designer that has provided this kind of "editorial" possibility... that you COULD change the game to such an extent that you essentially have... ANOTHER game. Games. Games. Games.

(Who knows why? Maybe the others just prefer to keep deep secrets close to the vest, or for economic reasons, or whatever.)

Whether that be smaller WW2 era campaign spin-offs, such as Battle for Stalingrad, or the Spanish Civil War, or Alexander the Great taking on the whole known world! smile.gif

Having been around this genre for over 40 years, I REALLY respect that he offers these tremendous possibilities... and also fully realize that everyone is VERY anxious to get their hands on this new game.

Please, allow enough time so that he can do it his own way, in his own time, and with... an incredible elan.

Meanwhile, as they say... anticipation is a great feeling to carry through these coming days and weeks... or whatever additional time is needed, eh? smile.gif

1. I hope airfleets get phazed back if not by HC by one of us. Someone comes up with a workable formula with Armor and Armor Tech to do breakthroughs... As UberJets is only about breaking trenchwar. 1 thing that should definitely be phazed back is the effects of Fightesr on Land Units. 2 Strength damage is insane...anymore than that is truly insane ;)

2. Luck should play a factor where it belongs. The luck would be, did this guy sense your Atlantic Sub strategy comming, build-tech up-and prepare for it sent out an interception fleet. Even luck can become strategy people take advantage of... I prefer a more straight forward strategy game and less a luck performance. Luck should take it's 10% as those super luck games are boring they're as predictable as a pure strategy game but not as fun as you win by dice not by skill. No biggie we can edit.

3. Staying faithful to history, lets try. It's what we're here to achieve. It's a strategy game can't always do that, but we can give a feel of something real. The more realistic and smoothlined details IMO, the better.

Heh ;) Dave the Editor will allow for much.