How Long to Play a Game of SC2

Depends on your computer speed of course (and mine is about as slow as you can get), but that aside, depends on how much thought you want to put into a turn.

You going to banzai it or be deliberate?

For a full standard campaign, guess it takes me two or three good nights. Non-banzai.

Wow there's a blast from the past. Clash of Steel. Use to love that game. I had actually held onto one of my old computers so I could play it due to dos and windows. (Haven't played it for years.) Had tried many games to replace it. But none had come close till the first strategic command. But I definitely like SC2 the best now. (Guess I can get rid of that old computer now.)

I too enjoyed Clash of Steel and regretted that it never had the chance to get even better because one of the main designers died at an early age. As wargamers, we should be grateful for all that Hubert has done to make SC such a great game.

If you are interested in getting CoS to run on a current Windows or Linux system look at the dos emulator, DOSBox dosbox.sourceforge.net

Although you can make CoS run faster than it originally did, it still takes a LONG time to play. I want something a little more up-to-date, and I have played the CM games for years so I am thinking of trying SC2.

smile.gif You should definitely try SC2. I don't think you'll be dissappointed. And as the previous gentleman stated, you have to be thankful for the programmers who continue to improve and make changes to the game. One thing you hate :mad: is when they come out with a game, and don't bother to upgrade it. I wish these guys had worked on the Axis & Allies computer board game. The computer version was full of bugs. Too bad. :(