Photos and Images in SC2 - Bismarck

One item I miss in SC2 are photos and images of the great ships, generals and leaders of the era.

Bismarck

- Public Domain photos from USA Navy

h69721.jpg

h59672.jpg

Ideas for Adding Chrome

chrome01.jpg

chrome02.jpg

chrome05.jpg

And substituting the names and pictures of the great ships in the Generals Page (renamed Naval Fleets) you could provide a historical reference for each fleet - with a photo of its main ship, experience, type of ship (Cruiser, Battleship, Carrier), tonnage, crew size, date it was sunk if any, etc.

Example:

Bismarck

Type: Battleship

Crew: 2300

Tonnage: 42600

Launched: May 1941

Sunk: --

Event Popups with Graphic images in the initial popup - not the summary popup would be nice. Imagine seeing an image of the Eiffel Tower when France surrenders or the ruins of Warsaw when it is caputured by the Soviet Army or a picture of a naval ship when its launching is announced.

[ September 25, 2006, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

I 'hearttily agree' with you JerseyJohn , I am greatly in favour of having Edwin P.'s idea's implemented into the interface!.

It would bring the game to life, and add a lot 'historical-reference-reality' to us!.

***Fixed Spelling Error

[ September 24, 2006, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Retributar ]

Hmm, Edwin, a Davy Jones Locker scenario! :D

Retributar Glad you like this as much as I do, here's hoping more people feel as we do.

-- While it wouldn't be reasonable to expect Hubert to pack all of those graphics on the game disc, I think it would be perfectly reasonable if there were a game option for it. Something where there's a load photo library prompt, linking the game to a file on the harddrive that's been assigned to the specific scenario.

Scenario designers could, at their discretion, create photo libraries to be downloaded with the scenario. Or, if they no one assigns one, the interface would say [No Photo Available]. And the player can, if interested enough, create a photo library for use through the scenario editor.

Naturally, as scenarios can be created for different ages of history, there can also be illustrations for past historical figures, such as Gustavus Adolphus, Napoleon, Caesar, the whole gang. ;)

-- Also, I think this new option should automatically scale the image down to a size the interface can easily use.

A few more chrome files from the dustbin of history:

In this concept players would have the option to select, or the computer would select for them a military advisor that would give the player a related bonus and penalty.

The Bonus/Penalty might affect diplomacy, war readiness of a nation, production costs, build limits or a research bonus/penalty in a specific area (areas). Example: XXXX Gives you +3% in Bomber Tech but -3% in Gun Laying Radar and ASW research.

chrome04.jpg

Personally, I would really like to see how important the Allied Lend Lease Routes are to the Allied War Machine at game end, and during the game with the appropiate level of Intel Tech.

Example:

Intel Advantage +0 = See Lend Lease MPPs for Minor Powers

Intel Advantage +1 = See Lend Lease MPPs shipped by Major Powers (i.e. USA to UK, UK to Russia)

convoy.jpg

[ September 25, 2006, 05:12 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

One thing i thought that i would mention,...is that i like the feature that i have in my game where a pop-up will show for example, that the attack on Pearl Harbour is taking place.

Well...ok, the message is just fine, however i would like to have it improved/upgraded,...so that with the pop-up message, we could also get a screenshot of that event.

I think that working on abetter AI is more urgent then these changes. But aside from that this would be a fine change.

That is, if you can find pictures of German generals that aren't illegal in Eruope : I think that it is illegal in Europe to use nazi symbols in games.