Patton Lives! Check this out seriously

Never said I was an expert. I have a masters in Asian Culture with a concentration in Chinese. I speak Chinese so I can translate the original works for myself. Just so you know my native language is German but I was born and raised in America.

Only touched on Japanese and Korean History those are really seperate areas. Never studied any Korean or Japanese Culture.

Sorry cant answer your question on Bunta. Do not know what that is and the word is not in the dictionary so I am able to tell what you are asking.

I have been to the ancient Buddhist temple in Pusan Korea. It has a tapestry donated to it on its 100 birthday by the first emporer of China.

Only facts I know about the Korean War are the UN intervened in a civil war between North and South Korea. There were complaints that Truman was being too soft on communism so he lead the UN in 1950 to intervene in the conflict.

After US entry the Chinese felt compelled to intervene on behalf of North Korea. There were also Soviet Advisors there.

My father served in this war and received a battlefield commision to Captain from Sergeant.

Now you know everything I know about Korea. I did enjoy my visit though.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that your standard rejection to the Gospel is to cut & paste science link?

Your science books change every year, while the words of God stand everlasting! You'll find many scientists that are Christian, so you certainly have no monopoly on the creation. That's where you mockers like to go next, science. You've got a delusion that it's your creation. It's not your creation, it's the Lord Jesus Christ's.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

@Stalin --- What do you want me to say?

An apology for bearing false witness against me would be a good start.

I never said christianity and islam were the same - you said to look at the gospel and there was no "convert or die" - I pointed out that there is no "convert or die" in the islamic holy books either.

Huh? Bear false witness? Didn't know this was a trial. I have no idea what your understanding of Islam's Allah & Jesus the Son of God are. One moment their are both religions with same God, next, you're saying they are different. Of course there are things that are similar. Bottom line, the path of Christianity is different than everybody else.

Don't even know where this internet conversation is going...just a bunch of comments racking upto 8 pages.

Now I'm playing some SC-2 against Yodl, knocking down some Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers smile.gif

didn't realise your understanding of hte English language and the bible weer so limited John, so I'll explain it to you.

there's this 9th commandment you see...you've evidently forgotten it?? It is usually translated as "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." (Deut 5.20, KJV)

it's normally interpreted as not telling falsehoods against people.

You said I had said that Christianity and Islam were the same, when I had never said that.

Hope that helps.

you also said (and this is another issue)

One moment their are both religions with same God, next, you're saying they are different.
Here's an idea for you John - both are true.

You can have the same god, and yet be of a different religon.

No kidding? You think? Cain & Able had the same God, yet Cain's sacrifice wasn't recognized.

So the real question isn't "Allah is the same as God the Father".

The real question is,"Does God recognize the Muslam sacrifices or the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ."

Remember pal, even the devils do believe & tremble, that's the same God.

By the way, NO WHERE IN THE OT does it say "The 10 Commandments". Actually, it appears there are 11 within that subset which is popular to quote. If you'd like you could count all 600+ laws in the OT.

The NT states, if you break one law, you've broken them. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ is all it takes smile.gif

It's good to be saved & know the King of Kings.

The Law was for the Jew by the way.

Back to the original Patton theme.

A scenario between USSR and Allies set at the end of ww2 would be nice to play.

I have not ready any case study about it.

A good "modern war" book about it is Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising. I always loved that book and it had some really interesting things on how the war would unfold.

Basically what Clancy says is that munition would becoma a key factor, without good supplies your'e screwed. He also think airstrikes and massed panzerthrusts would ot be so dominant as seen before, or at least work out as intended.

@Stalin --- You really should focus on the New Testament of the Lord Jesus Christ. That way, you wouldn't be such legalist. There is something greater than the law. The Galatians tried to bound grace believers & were given this piece of scripture.

Chapter 3

1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.

5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Gen 15:6 Rom 4:3 James 2:23

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gen 12:3 Acts 3:25

So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Deut 27:26 James 2:10

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Hab 2:4 Rom 1:17

12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Lev 18:5 Rom 10:5

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Deut 21:23

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gen 21:12 Rom 9:7 Heb 11:18

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Kuniworth in the end i think the allies would win.No convoys for russia.We had the atom bomb(not many).We hoplessly controled the air.Remember what rommel said about the normandy invasion:if the allies get on, with their vastly superior airfleets they would prevent any german counterattack. (remember the mortain attack stopped prettywell by air attacks).In other words those massive russian tank forces would get wiped out.But i think it would be an major bloody battle.The only hope for russia is that we(the western world) would not go for yet another major conflict.

Sorry John - I thought you saw the whole bible as the word of god....my mistake....I didn't realise that it was OK to break the word of the commandments any time you felt it was justified....I thought that was just something that the catholic church did.

Yes, I am a sinner. Not proud of it, not satisfied by it. Just a fact. For all have sinned.

Far as Catholics, not my flavor, go ask them what they are all about. Personally, I gravitate to fellowship & doctrinal boundaries with Baptists, Assembly of God, Nazerenes, Non-Denom.

Would you like to join me & my family for church or bible study? Would you like to fellowship with the local assembly? Could you please pray for me? Do you love me?

*Disclaimer --- I don't always check for typos.

1/ no. I've studied the bible enough thanks. People who still haven't figured it out have my sympathy but I prefer to leave them to it....they would prefer I leave them to it too if they knew me :D

2/ No. Been there, found that just as hypocritical as any other group of the self-righteous.

3/ No. But I can hope for you.

4/ No. But I respect you as a human being until you give me cause to do otherwise....which you really haven't even come close to doing.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Okay, sorry I couldn't help you. Since you don't want to fellowship with me or at church since us sinners are idiots...I have another offer. How would you like to be in our Christmas play? The kids are putting on,"How the Grinch stole Christmas?".

Hey man what's this? You invite people to some hug-party? What is going on?

@Stalin's Legalist --- You said I broke a Commandment, thus I'm a sinner, therefore you called me a sinner. You are now the official Legalist of the thread. That specific enough or do I need an attorney to understand what you type? Do I need a disclaimer to say anything to you?

It could only be one way - Christians are supposed to love everyone right??!! smile.gif

Rambo I did say you broke a commandment - which you agreed with IIRC.

But from then on it's all your own definitions - I don't think you're a sinner, because sin requires a god or gods that care, and IMO there's either no god(s), or any that do exist don't give a toss about us.

You should really stop saying I have said all this stuff since it's apaprently all your own doubts.

@Stalin --- Finally, you show your colors. If there is no sin, because there is no God, then why do you care about anything? Life is just a few moments, then bam, dust.

I used to ask the Atheist Professors the same thing at college. Why would any atheist bother with values, laws, or justice? Since there is no Hell (according to them) or judgment of God, why not be evil? Wait, there is no evil.....Yeah, right...

Must be sad not to have any hope, get saved.

-Legend

Finally I reveal my true colours John? You mean I wasn't revealing them with my sig, with multiple posts that I don't believe in God over teh last few months, with pointing out the bible is just another book?

Sheesh you're pretty slow to take a hint!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I care about these moments because they are all there is to care about John - I don't need any more reason. :cool:

Night this topic hasn't been this tiopic for a few score posts!! lol

No Stalin, your sig isn't that convincing. What is the definition of religion? There is both good & bad religion. Maybe Pascal was saved? How do you know what he meant. You have no idea.

Better yet, can you prove anything about Pascal? Just because you read sbout him in a book, doesn't make it true, does it? I can question anything you read, same as ppl question the bible...Using the same exact arguments.

Remember son, the greatest question ever asked, was asked by Pilate,"What is truth?".

-Legend

Bin Laden cares about his moments, too, as I'm sure the pedophile does. Sin exists, you can call it whatever you want.

Your way of thinking is as destructive as the religious extremism you despise, so why do you continue to argue against the idea of God and faith?

I once posted the exact same things you do. I was about 15, never raised with religion, vehemently against the concept of a God. In reality I was unconciously hoping someone would post something that would make sense, but on the surface I didn't want to hear it. Even if the truth had been told to me I wouldn't have accepted it, let alone recognized it.

You'll get your answer someday. May take awhile, but you will.