AI Patch Suggestions

It's impossible to program an A.I. for a game with so many possibilities.
True, in a certain sense... you cannot have

An AI that is half as good as you! LOL!

However,

Edwin and Timskorn are onto something

QUITE fantastic just now. :cool:

They, and others, are "brainstorming"

And will SURELY assist all of us

In having some very cool nuances

And "special event" scripts

Which can only add great flavor,

IF NOT improved Solo game play

By way of the action/reaction

Of your AI opponent.

Good!

Better than that! smile.gif

What they have come up with thus far,

And will imagine into being,

Along with some others,

Once they realize it's not so impossible,

Can only help.

Hubert is no slouch neither,

As you will discover

As we proceed with the process,

And,

Especially since he has been doing this

For... over 5 years.

LOTS of experience there @ Fury HQ, eh? :cool:

Exactly, and as the scripting system allows for easy sharing, I imagine months from now that we'll have dozens of scripts to incorporate for each side.

Also, one big help would be for the top multiplayers like Rambo to share their common strategies against their opponents (you can keep the trade secrets smile.gif ) so scripts can created to mimick a player. For example, Rambo's Advanced Sub attack could be a script that's called 25% of the time. Against a casual player, he'll be caught off-guard and dominated at sea.

I'm working towards improving the general AI right now, but later a 1939 campaign can be created by someone that specifically uses different player strategies, even little things like sending a bomber to Malta. Eventually we'll have a pretty competent AI that'll be able to choose between 4 or more different overall strategies each game, then many more area-specific strategies.

Eventually we'll have a pretty competent AI that'll be able to choose between 4 or more different overall strategies each game, then many more area-specific strategies.
Great TK!

BTW, have either of you considered

WHERE

A common and easily found source site

Might be located?

Don't know if you guys can afford

To set up your own web-site?

Guess you could settle on one

Already exists?

Just so there is a fairly easily found

Site so all interested members can access.

How about?

Having your AI and event scripts

Listed by year?

By type?

By effect on game?

Well,

Not for me to say just WHAT you'all

Should do.

Merely some thoughts on all this. smile.gif

Great idea Desert Dave, and yes I was thinking of setting up a site for scripts, and eventually allowing users to vote on each one.

Ideally, as TK says I would like to see an AI make a General Strategic Choice at the Start of the Game and then follow through with that choice with related Research, Diplomacy, Production and Planning scripts.

As for now, I am just experimenting with what the scripts can do and learning about unintended consequences - i.e. sent Corps to France from Tunis and French AI moved HQ to rear line of Maginot line, saw USA HQ, 2 USA Corps and USA armor attack out of Egypt towards Tobruk while UK units did not advance in support of this attack. In both cases I needed to change the existing scripts.

PS: Also discovered that Level check does not work.

No, that's a good idea DD. Right now there really isn't much, if anything available, but in the future this sort of thing may come in handy if there's a lot of scripts and mods out. There is cmmods, but you have to register for that which can deter some people.

I used to have a small website using freewebs.com to host RTS scenarios I made, so that could be used if need be.

All mentioned... great! :cool:

I mostly leave it, now, for you guys to figure it all out.

After all, it's YOUR area of expertise! LOL!

[... I am not as accomplished at AI scripting as you two have - already become! ;) ]

Personally,

I hope you 2 would combine on ONE web-site.

BTW,

That idea of having ratings is also very good. smile.gif

We don't have control over individual units' choices, but we can definitely put in scripts that mimick a particular players' strategy. IE, focus solely on Advanced Sub and IT as Germany until mid-1940, and switch production for that time-frame to include an extra sub or two. Or as Russia, focus soley on Anti-Infantry and IT research until late 1941 and then switch over to a Corp-heavy production script.

Someday we'll have scripts that'll be damn tough to beat, just wait. smile.gif

Someday we'll have scripts that'll be damn tough to beat, just wait. smile.gif
Of this, TK, I have absolutely

NO DOUBT. smile.gif

I'll also be waiting - fair patiently,

Though,

Given how you and EP

CAN - truly cooly... DO! :cool:

Probably won't be all that long of a wait, nope nix, I'd bet the Rio Grande Ranch on that.

BTW, nice that we now have that separate forum

For the many assorted "mods"

Which will proliferate

Like high-desert cactus-flowers,

All over the SC place! :cool:

Thanks DD. smile.gif I have a feeling Hubert's patch will solve a lot of the current issues the AI is having, but we're getting good practice in the meantime. Plus we've made scripts (especially Edwin) that are pretty much guaranteed not to be in the next patch that we can simply transplant once it's out. Good stuff!