Malta and invasion of France

This is the new civil me, question on Malta and allied invasion of France, I do not really care if this is corrected or not but Malta in my opinion has to be rescripted or something, I control both Gibralta and the Suez canal every sealane around Malta is covered by my fleets and I am pounding it with seven airfleets and for six turns I get it down to one and six times it is reinforced to a seven, being corps are about 60,000 men where did these 300,000 or so troops come from huh! Please don't tell me it is being supplied from within the fortress with all of those troops, this has to be corrected please.

About France, there was not a space left in England for any more allied troops and they sat there through all of 1944 and most of 1945 and did nothing, please correct this.

Willy

Originally posted by Agamemnon:

You need to reduce Malta and the port so their will be no supply. No supply, no reinforcements. Instead of covering the sealanes, use the fleet to reduce Malta and it's port. You should be able to pound out that corps in no time.

Thank you but it should not be supplied with troops under the terms I stated, it is wrong pure and simple.

Willy

@ Williams: basically you are right, but the abstraction level in this game is too high... we all know that troops to Malta must come via ship, but since the supply ships theirselves are not modeled, the game cannot "play" it. I think it would be funnier to see all the supply convoys shipping over the Atlantic, but this is way too much micro management. Just bomb the infrastructure down to zero and it works...

Originally posted by Hyazinth von Strachwitz:

@ Williams: basically you are right, but the abstraction level in this game is too high... we all know that troops to Malta must come via ship, but since the supply ships theirselves are not modeled, the game cannot "play" it. I think it would be funnier to see all the supply convoys shipping over the Atlantic, but this is way too much micro management. Just bomb the infrastructure down to zero and it works...

Agreed, thank you

Ags got it. He knows it can be done, but an Axis bomber sure helps.

With HB, Malta garrison is dispatched in three turns using 3 AFs and Italian fleet.

Oh ...and wb....they are not being supplied with troops, the troops are already there, they are being resupplied so that they become effective, hence their combat strength goes up. smile.gif

You guys have no imagination, what has the world done to y'all. tongue.gif

Stop standing in that cold shower of reality, this is a game, enjoy it, use your metaphysical thought processes. :cool:

Same for you rocket boys........become artillery men. smile.gif