1.08 for the german SC 2 version?

The new patch looks awesome. Unfortunately i have the german retail version from most wanted games. Is 1.08 for this version out too? If not when will it probably be released? Thanks in advance, patience is just not my strength :D

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Boron, unfortunately there will be no v1.08 patch for the Walkon version as there is a new German retail partner, Kalypso.

They should be releasing the German v1.08 patch for Blitzkrieg relatively soon for their retail customers.

So the Kalypso patch will not work with my version of SC 2? That would be most annoying.

Or will the Kalypso 1.08 german patch also work with the German SC 2 version from Most Wanted Games which are now bankrupt afaik?

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Memorex,

Best bet is to contact Anuman, the French retail publisher, directly to get more info on the release of the v1.08 patch.

Hubert

I contacted them and it seems they don't know anything about this new patch. French players you will have to wait a long long time before playing new scenarios.

thx hubert for your feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

This is not a bump!

I chose this forum because I support the developer of SC as a lone developer myself.

I want to state there is something wrong with today's release and publishing of video game.

This year we had Silent Hunter 4 by Ubisoft(bad shape when released), Theatre of war by Battlefront released with Anuman in France (there is no way to start it up as per today), Napoleon's campaigns by Ageod released by Nobilis (there is no way to patch it and need to be downloaded as a whole), CMSF by Battlefront released by Paradox where bullets shoot trough houses and Strategic Command 2 by Fury released by Anuman where the patches take months to cross the Atlantic when they do.

For 15 years I have been involved with video games (playing and developing). I know bugs are hard to find out, but I know what time and work nours might do when energy is spent inside a system where all partners are respectfull.

Now, when jungle rules are in use only the worse is to be awaited and I am perhaps better off, playing all the old games they do work and many boardgames. this way not having to update a costly hardware.

This was the message from a customer to the hardworkers of the "quality" video game industry.

Part of it. But it would be much easier to understand in French.

With the exception of Silent Hunter 4, most of the problems that he's alluding to have to do with either imperfect delivery systems or the evils of not buying direct from the manufacturer in the original form.

From what I could tell the Russian version of Age of Pirates was a much better game than its bowdlerized and simplified export model. No amount of English-language patching would ever really fix that -- to get the proper experience you would need to brush up on Slavic languages and contemporary Russian culture.

I suspect that many small companies simply don't have the resources to produce truly international versions of their products. It's not just a question of feeding the program into Babelfish.

Back in the sixties Italian silk was often taxed by weight when it crossed a border, so the necktie that you bought over there was of much higher quality than the one you could buy here.

Imho companies should forget about localization and invest the money in polishing the game, since it's never done right anyway.

This is the 21st century, most civilized people on the internet know how to read English by now.

Most of the delays come from the side of the publishers btw, each has their own distribution system and software.

Justsayhello, posting the same message over and over again is considered a violation of forum rules. Please cease this or you will be banned.

Your comments are well taken, but also misplaced as these forums are for SPECIFIC game discussions, not an overview of the publishing industry as a whole. I would suggest you post your thoughts in our general forum if you wish to continue as I will lock up any other posts on this matter posted to any game specific forum.

Madmatt