Someone will need to make a really good map of the United States.

This map could be used for two things:

A civil war game.

Change tanks to cavalry, rockets to artillary, battleships to gunboats, leave HQ's, corps, and armies, adjust stats, etc.

Invasion USA

Old game where the U.S. is invaded on all sides by Communists through the two coasts, Mexico and Canada. We could leave most of the units as is.

I intend to make a full world map for a WW2 scenario.

Make a WW1 mod.

Make a more detailed Canada, US, Mexico and the Islands with inclusion of UK, France, Spain, Portugal and make a mod about the battle for the new world between the UK, France, Spain and the Colonists fighting for independence in USA, Canada and Mexico.

That one should be a doozy to accomplish.

KDG..I still have my Invasion: America - Death Throes of the Superpower game from SPI...Quickly looking at the map, I guess it would be fairly easy to roughly copy hex by hex from the board, to a tile by tile replica for the game...what is also good is that one can use the scenario OOB's to set up the opposing forces...Not having a clue about the editor that will come with the game, and not having a clue how to use it, I do not know if I can actually do it....I will give it a go though once the game comes out...I want to try designing SPI's Russian Civil War for SC2 as well...hope I can do it, if not, someone worthier than me may attempt it... smile.gif

Originally posted by KDG:

This map could be used for two things:

A civil war game.

Change tanks to cavalry, rockets to artillary, battleships to gunboats, leave HQ's, corps, and armies, adjust stats, etc.

Invasion USA

Old game where the U.S. is invaded on all sides by Communists through the two coasts, Mexico and Canada. We could leave most of the units as is.

Just go to http://www.adanaccommandstudies.com/IntroACW.html and download the free ACW game!

No doubt CvM's campaigns will be great, and especially that Finnish-Soviet Winter War!

My own favorite to try and model, will be the North Afrikan and Med campaign.

Those new "mechanized" capabilities will make things VERY interesting.

Though I am not very adept at map-making, the detailed instructions and clever tools provided are VERY intutive and simply handled.

Still, I hope somebody else will take on this Afrika Korps project, since it'll probably be more... ummm, smoothly artistic than mine.

My guess?

There will be somewhere in the vicinity of... ~1,629 maps and campaigns within a month or two of release, so the problem won't be finding a particular campaign that you like,

It will be... finding enough time to try out most of them. smile.gif

I'm going to give it a shot at two scenarios. One will be a WWI variant based on the Great War series by Harry Turtledove, and the second will be the WWII version of the same if he ever releases the next book in the series. I have a pretty good idea what the next war will look like, but I'd like to know for sure.

Invading North America is fine for scifi, but I have to admit, it is sooooooo low on my list of needs, that I highly doubt I even care if HC puts any of North America on the map. I only need the coast there so I no where it is in relation to sub traffic.

Frankly, I have read one to many credible "What if" books on all the possible permutations, and the idea of the Axis actually doing such a thing is of zero worth to me.

Sealion is a very far end option as it goes, and that is just a cross channel dash.

I don't have any interest in Civil War myself.

If I did, I would likely ask that the game start off with Civil War in mind, and not be taking a mallet to HC's game just to get one.

That is me though, if you guys want to hand make NA, go for it.

Everyone seems to want different types of scenarios, including a battle between the Uglies and the Lizards....it would be beneficial perhaps, if someone on the development team could devote a moment of their time to explain what exactly can be done with this new editor...for example, how is the AI handled when setting up a customized sceanario, and how would a map of the USA from coast to coast be replicated using the tile system... does one figure out the scale and "draws" coastal tiles along the Atlantic and Pacific to provide a representation of the coastline or are there templates that can be used and you simply adjust tile size and scale?...these things are quite vague to me and so just a primer on Scenario Editing 101 would be helpful...

Originally posted by J P Wagner:

Everyone seems to want different types of scenarios, including a battle between the Uglies and the Lizards

I think you're thinking of the wrong series. I personally hated the one you're talking about, not my kind of story. The one I'm talking about is where the South won the Civil War. So WWI had the USA, Germany, and Austria-Hungary, vs. the CSA, France, England, and Japan to an extent. Should make for a pretty balanced game.

United States

Approx. 2500 miles wide x 1250 high(someone can verify)

Each square is 25 miles across.

United States is 100 squares across by 50 squares high for a total of 5000 squares. Adjust movement of units(AP) to reflect this for what ever type of war you are looking for.

This can be done for any country, state, planet, etc. that you would want to use. I believe the max map is 250 squares by 250 squares(really huge).

My idea for the U.S. with 25 miles was if we were only going to make a map of the U.S. This would allow for more rivers, cities, mountains, lakes, etc. This then gives more gameplay.

Since we can now change the movement of units, MPP's, etc, we can add additional depth to parts of the world.

KDG...For the Invasion America scenario, Canada was our lone ally and needed to be defended and there was an invading force coming through Central America...it would offer more of a challenge and variety if these areas were included as well, rather than just the USA...the scale may need to be more than 25 mpt if this is used...

These scenarios certainly sound great but since we are quite a way from a release date, I have to temper my potential enthusiasm until we know some details on what this editor can and cannot do...I think there is as much anticipation about the editor as for the game at this point..