Hoch: Allow air and naval HQs, Donitz, Goering, Dowding, etc.
I second this as the current HQ units seem too generic and players tend to build only the highest rated ones as the game does not reflect the unique abilities of each Commander.

The question is how to implement this?

Do they reduce build times?

Donitz reduces build time of Subs by 1 turn.

Arnold reduces build time of Bombers by 1 turn

Nimitz reduces build time of Carriers by 2 turns

Or do they give a readiness bonus?

Donitz gives subs a +20% readiness bonus

Arnold gives Bombers a +20% readiness bonus

Nimitz gives a +20% readiness bonus to Carriers

Or do these special HQ units offer some other bonus to selected units?

[ August 27, 2006, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Originally posted by Edwin P.:

Xmwormwood - Ability to change sides would be great.

The AI offers to change sides with you if it is losing and the human player could accept or reject this request. This would not require any modification to the user interface, though a manual option would be much appreciated.

Naturally the AI would make this offer only once per game.

Mechanics:

Popup: "Human, do you wish to change sides? Yes / No"

How would the AI calculate that it is losing?

As Allies, perhaps on a random turn (10% per turn) after it has lost 2 of 3 Major Cities: London, Moscow and Stalingrad or if the Axis has a 2:1 advantage in units after 1942.

Even though this would be a nice addition, i aimed for a real simple solution. Just let the human player change sides whenever he wants to.

In a game against the ai i'm playing all for myself. No need to cut my options.

Edwin P., i almost alway's am in agreement with your game request's, and this time is no different!.

I do think that instilling personality attributes or specialties into leader's would enhance game-play, and the Historicity of it!. This concept would could only make the game even more fluid and dynamic than it is right now!.

Originally posted by SittingDuck:

Right there with that reply you have pushed me into the status of customer - again.

Thanks smile.gif

Offhand, aside from the SC series, are there any games you have done previously? Might I also ask, any games in the making for the future?

These are the only two games I have made so far and while I have a few ideas for future work there is nothing 100% concrete at the moment... but soon enough I suspect.