Aesopo vs. Arado234 WAW

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real mistake you made (imo) is let the Allies dictate the battleground before 1943 (late 42ish). Invasion Norway by Britain did hurt entry, but you followed his lead. Two of my favorites to do if Britain needs Norway:

1) Sealion is on baby!

or

2) I will spend 150 or 300 MPP on 1 or 2 chits for USSR to really try to drop her money to nothing, and build as much as I can and go no later than July '41.

You can do the British "Taffy Pull", go for Gibralter, Africa, and Home Island, but I have not seen that give me decisive enough victory to warrant it in WaW.

my main mistake here is not launching sea lion early as seamonkey noticed. I had command of the air and what was left of the royal navy would not be able to ward off the german navy and luftwaffe at the same time. So when barby came, we did not have sufficient troops going in as we concentrated on air power.

Yes at one time I figured Sealion was coming.Thats one of the reasons(main reason)why the Brits. started taking all they could.I knew if the home islands went then I would still have a fair number of mpps.

I knew once he got distracted going to Norway(which im glad he did)Sealion became less of a threat.

The Russains just kept piling on the troops.I never even invested at all in antitank because I knew I was going to blow his tanks to bits and I wouldnt need it.Plus they were getting almost 500mpps a turn and could afford to just start attacking.

My Amis had Ind.,Prod.,Infa. all maxed out.I was going to just start building all my Ami.fighters(they were also at level 4 with 5 chits in to try and get jets)and overwhelm his planes in the west.

He also lost one Tank in the attack on France and I sunk one of his Amphib.units.Since he was spending alot on his planes I figured he wouldnt have the Mpps to do everything he wanted.I noticed some of the units used to attack Norway werent backup to 10.This told me he didnt have alot of mpps.

However if he had gone all out for Sealion I think it would have changed the game alot.Those hightech.planes are expensive.

It was still a real fun game.What im trying in our next game ive never done before.Hope it works.