Minimize the "this hex triggers this event" mechanism

Terif got brilliant points at the sc forum. The fact that certain hexes triggers certain events cause the game to be decided by who knows technical details better and not to simulate war as good as it could.

One example is UK, if axis lands 1 hex FROM London russian(?) and american readiness will increase.

Why not change stuff like this to a more easy understandable mechanism.

The example above should be changed to a landing ANYWHERE on the british islands (eg sea lion) should cause other allied readiness to increase.

Couldn't agree more. I tried to argue for the same cause a while back in a thread I've already forgotten. The scripted events should be logical and general so they wont become instruments for hardcore power playing and ruin the (multiplayer) gameplay. That said, I also think that the use of scripted events should be minimized and handle as much of them as possible through the AI.

SeaMonkey, I like your idea for a randomizing factor, its makes it a lot less predictable and more realistic.

Take Italy for example, if the Allies move transports or warships into the Adriatic there should be a chance, say 50%, that this causes Italian readiness to increase and triggers a pop-up: "Italy mobilizes to meet threatened invasion by British forces in the Adriatic." This would add an element of risk to such "gamey" operational deployments while still allowing players to take a chance with them.

[ July 03, 2005, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Yes!...i like almost all of the ideas i read about...most are very-good!.

However...in order to keep the game 'good-for-all' the gaming enthusiasts...we need to ensure that most everything/or everything is optional and variable.

then, this game... SC2 will withstand the test of time and have near-endless 'Re-playability'.