Hubert...take your time

I know everyone is chomping at the bit to get their hands on SC2, me too!

But let us be patient, this will be a fantastic game and it will require some more tweaking after release.....is there any doubt?

A complicated game system with a friendly user interface is a rare commodity in our wargaming world. I am sure, based upon the SC legacy, is what SC2 will also accomplish.

Therefor I wish to make this commitment to the developers of SC2, primarily HC, secondly his assistants, and thirdly this community. It does not matter when SC2 becomes available for retail purchase, I will be patient and attentative to its development.

I will loyally follow its forum and interject my ideas when appropriate and always be optimistic in its evolution. That does not mean that I will follow blindly, but with wisdom and humility when faced with features that I do not necessarily agree with. I will lobby for change with rational and reason, and without belligerence, respecting all opinions.

So I say to you...foremost Hubert Cater...SC2 is your child...we are the godparents. Take your time with its creation. Get it right,... well as close as possible. Make it flexible, able to bend with the winds of change, but sturdy enough to stand against the maelstrom of negativity.

The success of a masterpiece is not measured in the time it takes to create but in the infinity of its appeal.

Second -- I mean, fourth the motion, SeaMonkey. smile.gif

Hubert, great job on this thing. To be honest, I thought it would be very good and from what I've seen it's even much better than what I'd expected. smile.gif

Brother Rambo, Another month or so, I believe that's what the man said. ;)

-- The good thing about the Blashy/Nix AAR, though, is they're giving a pretty good idea of what the game is like. I'm glad we've at least got that to go by.

Hear Hear!

Let this be the game that Matrix's TOAW aspires to be.

SC1 was/is a gem.

We should hope to see scenarios being developed for SC2 4+ years from now. That will be a measure of its' success, not whether it came out for christmas 05 or new years' 06.

Get it right and design it to last!

Bravo HC, kudos to all who breathe life into this game.

We should hope to see scenarios being developed for SC2 4+ years from now... Get it right and design it to last!
A LOT of effort went into making the Editor very comprehensive. It has many customization features, like being able to import your own graphics and sounds. The Editor can be used to make your own map from scratch, create your own countries and alliances, create your own unit types and combat target values, create your own event scripts, etc. YOU can create your own game. And soon enough, you will be able to.

[ November 08, 2005, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: pzgndr ]

Well Rambo, don´t be to crushed if the AI beats you in the first 20 + games.... (just kidding)

Do you ever play against the AI ? I hope Hubert supports the game a long time to iron out bugs in the first builds , some nice official scenarios and well thought out rules/features.

I hope the game will recreate a nice 2nd. world war feeling.

I hope all the ideas regarding team play, TCP/IP are implemented : Clock , drop out players, etc...

And last not least I hope he game runs smoothly without "bluescreen / hands of blue - of death)