[AAR] Ranger pulls of Middle East gambit & wins!!! Rambo(Axis) vs IronRanger(Allies)

The Ultimate Icon Fighting Championship, a word-of-mouth phenomenon has begun in North America's premier Icon organization. This bout attempts to capitalize on its burgeoning popularity with UIFC Camp Rambo, a pay-per-view event at the Battlefront Center Court Events Center.

Captain Jon J. Rambo is rightly known as a legend in the sport of mixed strategy SC/SC2. His history with the Ultimate Fighting Icon Championship dates back to the inaugural Smack events in Christmas 2002. He has competed all over the world. He's in the SC Hall of Fame. And yet, as of today, Rambo is likely to be best remembered as a foil to his long-time nemesis, no smacker Yodl. The brash UIFC heavyweight champion, known as The Legend of Idaho, is everything Iron Ranger isn't ... loud, sometimes obnoxious, sometimes rude, always saying exactly what's on his mind.

Iron Ranger on the otherhand is a household name in the UIFC. He's brought forth a small but steady following from the Great Midwestern Plains of the United States. Known for his endurance & pain staking deliberate planning, the Iron Ranger will attempt to headcrack his countryman.

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!

Rambo gets Axis, if need of a second game, Iron Ranger has option of side.

ultimate_fighting_championship2.jpg

[ August 01, 2006, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

::smiles:: This will be interesting, I have been helping train Iron Ranger up for this Duel, he's recieved much needed experience in little jog of a game!

Let's see how this one unfolds and by the way if I beat you both, I am taking the American Crown and I'm moving it to East Anglia tongue.gif just to annoy you guys

Liam must figure one finished makes you a champ (IE me). Well more learning to to, so took Allies this time in a PBEM game with the king of smack. We will change it around next time.

Allies, not much to say so far. French dig in, UK plots, and the Poles lasted a few turns. Would have lasted longer but the attacked like mad after the capital fell but the Goverment refused to give in to German demands.

US and USSR watch all this and wounder where it will lead them.

December 1939 ---

-Mud weather, Fritz continues to build up on the Western front. With only 2-HQs in v1.02, this takes a little bit more organization.

-Kriegsmarine yet to show themselves.

-Bulgaria feels a little tingle of political pressure.

-Romania also feels a little tingle of political pressure.

January 1940 ---

-The pen is mightier than the sword. Hungary had been tingled from 80% to 89%, but on this turn, the brides hit the right department. 36% jump! They are waving Nazi flags in the streets of Budapest.

-Not a sound out of the Kreigsmarine.

-Western forces continue to be beefed up.

Feb. 1940 ---

-Winter DOW & attack on LC. We do not have enough punch in the cold weather to finish the job.

-German troops bypass Brussels, and fill the line beside the French. Very small combat results. Reduce trenches, and a few 1-pt hits, no damage.

-LF flies sorties, mostly reducing trenches, no damage.

-Manstein signs a contract & has entered the battlefield.

-Paratroops head to the airport East of Rimegan

-Kreigsmarine is silent.

Have just returned the turn to Iron Ranger, I sense fear in him smile.gif German line is strong against French counter, but that is to be expected. I think my use of Diplo has thrown him off. Yet, he's gain experience against Liam & Ranger is an Icon. We shall see.

Slow going for the Allied HQs, they are all drunk and just dont know what to do. We hold the line against Germany but its all falling apart. The Dutch and Belguiams fight on hard but they are no match for the LF and Armor.

Its going to be a long spring in Eroupe.

May 1940 ---

-France is opened up. Fritz rampages thru out. M-Line destroyed. Mine taken. Panzer circles all the way around France. It's a shooting gallery for Nazi armies. The French have their tank in the Capital entrenched, we don't border him just yet.

-LC is taken with weaker troops.

France feels the heat, thier General staff breaks from thier MT hide out only to get cut down by fast moving german tanks south of Paris. Units around Paris survive for the most part but too few troops can be found to fill in the holes. De Gaul sits in Paris and hope for Mud in June as he knows only God can save them now that the UK EF (corps) has fled to the port citys and left the south side of Paris open.

UK, seeing that all german units are busy in Frace quickly desides on a fast naval attack in the Baltic just might help them in the long run. RN marines are loaded up and sent to Denmark as she will not allow up to pass... then land and take the Capital and port quickly. Ships then race in and hunt and destroy one Germany CN group and damage two wolf packs. As a side bonus they also land and take the city on the Denmark/German border.

Early Fall 1940:

The brave Royal Marines held out in Hamburg for two turns before being over run by a combined arms assult, UK hopes that lost time will prove vital. Brest and all the port citys have also fallen one week after Paris... it was felt that we needed to make sure we had some troops for the Home Islands.

The raid into Denmark worked well. Two wolf packs and one CN were distroyed, one CN was badly damaged in port. No ships lost however a few were damaged and will need some time in drydock.

Romaina and Hungery both now serve Germany, US and USSR seam happy to let UK face the danger alone... for now.

Late Fall 1940

Too late, german armor and itilain units cross in to epypt. The navy pounds our air fleet just outside of Great Libary. Low Sea's beach craft is spoted and hit by our air near Great Libary. The Aussys arrive to aid us but the situation looks hopless untill Malta kicks in destorying alot of the Axis units supply. Can we hold out?

November 1940 ---

-Royal Navy pins Nazi Battleship North of Spain, we counter with Sub & 2 cruisers. He has plenty of ships himself.

-Africa...Germans have LF attacking from positions near Tobruk, ground units continue to work the area. The British don't have enough punch to do me much harm.

Dec 1940

Egypt has bogged down for now around the river Nile. Air fleets continue to bomb Alex and my army the rest of his units have low supply. Common wealth units continue to pour in but are sent to gaurd the rear areas as they have pop guns and fake tanks. USA and USSR both are not happy with Axis units near the Nile and send a note at AH about this.

Storms in the Bay of Biscay save the German fleet (whats left of it) as the Bismark does down. The RN desides to leave to fight another day as the waves are too high for accurate gun fire.

USSR continues to move troops around while the US orginize's its P39 Thunderbolts into a fleet.

Feb. 1941 ---

-German fleet have been repaired, what is left of it. We extract some damage on RN, but overall, he got the better of me with his successful Danish gambit.

-Egypt finally will fall. I was slow, but eventually did the job, trapping a few pieces.

-Iron Ranger has played well so far, I'd say the game is about even for this stage. Nothing dramatic in diplo or tech.

May 41

East: All quiet for now. Stalin ordered his air fleets to stop spying on germany and the 3-8 units on the border.... they are just there to plant some corn.

West: Western spy services have noted the lack of naval units in France and a steady stream of ships heading back to the Baltic. The coast however is jamed with troops. All is quiet with our transports from egpyt expected any day. Got out 2 HQs, 1 Corps, 1 Armor. Lost 1 Air, 1 Army, 1 Corps and several minor corps (some perma)

Med: Rockets show up near Malta and start to rain hell on the defenders.

Tech: Who knows

Diplo: Not much for Diplo this game, Rambo got the Axis minor early but lost Scandinavia so its been a push (extra MPPs from 10 factor Denmark)