[AAR] Ranger pulls of Middle East gambit & wins!!! Rambo(Axis) vs IronRanger(Allies)

August 1941 ---

-Nazi forces press thru Spain, will take a couple of turns, but the deal will be done with the good weather.

-Africa has been mine for awhile

-Game has been rather quiet since Iron Ranger's initial gambit on Denmark...Gerry has Poland, LC, France, Axis minors, Africa, and soon Spain.

Sept 1941

East: Russia has been busy after watching Axis power attack a loyal friend in Spain. Prepares for war and orders all troops to the front.

West: USA around 70%, UK notes all Axis air power in Spain and starts to bomb the two mines in western eroupe. 'The Rock' is given up without a fight (more then likely with was a bad idea). Norway and Swedeen still refuse to send ore to Germany.

Med: Quiet, all Axis or Neutral. Mostly Neutral. Except Malta... one Rocket continues to pound the fort gaining xp.

My e-mail fixed.

Game breakdown so far. Looking at spring of 42 right now.

Axis hold: All of med except Grecce, Algeria and Turkey, France and Low countrys + Denmark. Norway and Sweden are not sending convoys, Finland DOWed by Russia. Only 2 citys in Russia have fallen.

Diplo: Pritty much dead.. early axis minors for JJR and I shut down the convoys of ore to Germany just as early.

Tech: Pritty basic so far. IW3 for USSR and Germany. Only one 'odd' advance with one Rocket with L2-3 tech for Axis.

The Western Allies have meet, a long term plan has been desided on; and resources have been commited. USSR is invaded but not looking like a hapless girl so it appears nothing rash needs to be done soon.

Russia: Riga and Minsk have fallen. All other citys in our 'boys' hands. A line of forts now runs from Leningrad to Smolick (sp) and our troops from the far east have just arrived and are getting orders now (April). An army group of our brave boys is deap in Finland having made a huge sweaping assult from the NE. Smolick (sp) is the 'pin' in our defence with a armored group entrenched in the city and our reserves getting reequiped behind it. Partisan's are active with units forming about every 2-3 turns. Naval battles continue around Leningrad with our last CN near death (str 2-1).

Med: German armor advanced quickly into Iran this week after Iraq desided to throw in with the axis after Syeria recived the 'jack boot' of Fasicm. One Rocket unit continues to pound the poor lads in Malta (must be near 5 stars by now). Both Gabralter and Malta are cutting supply for both sides in this area.

Atlantic: The Italian Navy was seen off the coast of Portagul when it fell so it could be on the loose or hiding around 'The Rock' No sub raiding, in fact its been very quiet since the Bismark was sunk.

West: The war is heating up with air battles over the Channel. Three German Air fleets are stationed near Paris and fly out to hammer our bomber and air around London. Both UK units are pulled back for now ... 3-1 is bad odds. UK is garisoned by most of the troops from Egypt so invading her will not be easy. USA has just entered but has the Pacific Fleet as a bonus (Germany DOWed Spain).

JJR is just finishing Minor Collecting, the Allies are looking ok but the loss of Egypt / Iraq / Iran means the Axis have the advantage of Posistion right now. MPPs should be close. Tech seams close. Allies rule the sea's (I think) as in the early game they sank about 1/2 of the German navy and the other 1/2 is damaged from combat around Leningrad (will be repaired soon I think)

[ July 29, 2006, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]

Fall 1942:

Axis forces surrender! A daring move by the Allies in the Middle East shock the Germans. The game was even, until I get swept out. Fritz was getting 540 MMPs, but not anymore.

Iron Ranger pulled off a great move. Not going to get into the details, don't want give his strategy away. Don't worry, I won't copy it either, not my style.