game time passes to quickly?

I thought there were 27 turns per year.

3x4=12 summer

3x2= 6 fall

3x1= 3 winter

3x2= 6 spring

total = 27. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to bed now and can't look it up.

It's an abstraction that works well for this scale.

The main campaign is lots of fun. I've played one of the smaller campaigns too, North Africa, also fun. The AI is not a factor as I like human opponents. Recomend buy.

As for the number of turns per season, I was wondering about this also.

The original concept in SC was that there would be fewer turns in the bad weather months, but that there would be no weather in the game as an abstraction. Now that weather is in the game, does that still apply to the same extent? I'd think not. In other words, there should probably be more bad weather turns.

My point was simply that under the old game the turn length was the same I believe. But in the old game the weather was abstracted and there was no bad-weather movement penalty. Seems like the turns should be more standardized in length now, since the movement penalty is now in place.

The turn sequence is something folks can experiment with using the Editor. There are 14-15 alternating seasonal turns for each side during a year, which does a great job recreating the fast-paced action during summers and the general slowdown during winters. Weather is random all year long, so this is still OK for the most part.

Standardized turn lengths and revised weather would still present the same problems that drove Hubert to consider seasonal turns in the first place. If you make turns short enough to simulate those historical summer blitzkrieg campaigns (Fall Weiss, Fall Gelb, Barbarossa) then you're going to have a very long game. If you keep the turns more reasonable then you lose some of that blitzkrieg effect.

Players may want to try a simple mod using the new normalized production feature. See how that plays differently. If you start making other turn sequence changes then you also have to make other adjustments to unit AP values, production costs, etc. to keep everything relative, and that gets complicated.

I don't have a problem with how the turns are set up now, I think they have found a fairly good balance with weather and length. I do wish however that since this is a turn based game that the weather would be the same for both sides in the same turn. I am not a very lucky person and the other guy always seems to get better weather then I do smile.gif

I think 7 day turns year-round would work IF the

movement costs for snow were smaller (i.e. units

moved slower). I tried it with 7 day turns (14 days

between your turns) and those snow turns made the

game go too fast (France died in like April 1940).

I think normalized production is the way to go and

HC should make it the default (I like the Winter

Bonanza you get, allowing you to refit your troops

and buy lots of tech).

Problems could be:

- Even more tech research with more turns per year

-many turns were nothing happens as it is hard to conduct war in winter.

- How do you handle rebuilding of resources and entrenchment in Winter ?