Someone wake up the USA

I've played 2 full campaigns as AXIS against the AI and the biggest problem I've seen is the USA doesn't come into play at all. In the two campaigns I have only encountered a couple of naval units in each one. Perhaps my strategy of perserving my u-boats and the German navy for when the USA joins deters their involvement or they are participating invisibly by sending their MPPs to Russia and UK. They make no attempt to take out my navy or go to Africa. Either of which would cause me to divert valuable MPPs to defending in the west. As it is I can just put my navy out there and forget about it, have an engineer build an atlantic wall, and concentrate on Russia because the USA isn't coming.

The AI is an issue. Try giving USSR and USA 9999 MPP boost and you will have to work to get into USSR. You can also edit US placement positions to the UK in the editor if you want. I heard Hubert is slaving away on the AI.

I have given the AI this boost on both sides and I took me longer to take them out but it was more of a challenge than just the regular 39 scenario.

Another bet is just to play multiplayer to get more of a challenge.

Im pretty disapointed in this so far... I mean how could this not have been fixed before release? I know everyone, including myself, was putting pressure for the game release but this is such a simple and fundamental part of any WWII game that it being mishandled so badly is very disheartening.

@Night: play as allied against axis ai, while waiting for the patch. Im trying to make a balanced campaign against ai, in which i have partially succeeded. Axis gets Norway and Sweden from the start of the game, and 8 diplo points into spain. Romania has got an hq, sweden an hq and 2 tanks. I am in 41 right now, axis is not doing bad, theyr trying to break the line smolensk-sevastopol in russia and r counter-attacking in turkey, which i have declared war upon. Play this at +2xp and u should get a challenge...