Hi all!! loving the expansion. kudos to all. I have a thought on intelligence. When a unit is spotted, I noticed that the next turn it is no longer spotted. It seems to me that unless the unit moved, it should stay spotted, after all the spies that saw the unit aren't going neccesarly going to dissapear (yes i know spies are caught, but not all of them and lets face it an army is sort of hard to hide from all)

Intelligence relies on a constant stream of reports, some of which will get through, others might not. It also depends on how it came to be deduced that a unit was wherever it was considered to be.

A lot of the time this was determined by radio intercepts, not by spotting or agents' reports, therefore a unit that either kept radio silence, or gave out false radio messages, could move without the other side being able to keep track of it.

I think the current set up reflects this. Another thing is that agents' reports often arrive sometime after the event, yet in this game we have the benefit of instant information, so overall it seems to balance out?

Intel allows you to spot all unit types.

"Additionally each new level of Intelligence research increases the chance that you will be able to randomly spot enemy units on the map during Fog of War.

The base spotting % chance increases by 1% for each new level of Intelligence research. For example Level-2 Intelligence for Germany would give it a 2 * 1% = 2% chance per enemy unit."

Question: sometimes I will see an enemy sub with a "?" on it after he raided one of my convoy lanes-is this from Intelligence or is it something which is part of the convoy raiding subroutine? Typically the location of this "phantom" sub isn't close to the actual location tho.

I can also see these phantom subs on my opponent's turn, if I was the one doing the raiding.

Given the length of turns in SCWaW I don't think anyone would just assume a unit was still in the same place it had been in last turn. Unless of course you had information that it hadn't moved.

So, unless you get new intelligence on the same unit (unlikely) I think it ought to disappear. The current routine seems right to me.

Bill101 I concede your point. How about this - since not all intell gathering is based on sight, can we say that some is based on hear-say, radio/telegraph intercepts etc. If so then perhaps some sightings should be false info. Having a unit in one area when in fact its in another or even not at all. Some units should remain spotted, however they are ghost units, some intell saying that the last know location of unit z was x,y, when attacked it vanishes. I point this out because of the elabarate measures the U.S. and Britian used to hide units from sight in England. And of course the radio messages sent out just before D-Day.

It could make for an interesting ploy on one side to have the ghost units, and the other side attacking them, using resourses and drawing their units away from the real ones.

Perhaps we could have ghost units we can build for next to nothing (but not free) do a false invasion in one area while the real one is somewhere else.