• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by pueo:

Waited one hour for the dowmload

with speeds as slow as 8k/sec.

Using Dap, by the way.

The file is bad and won't open.

This is wonderful.

Please try and download again, we are working with the elicense to fix a few glitches that some people have encountered and am also getting even more bandwidth for you guys to play with!

If you continue to have a problem, you can email me directly at elicense@battlefront.com

Madmatt

Yo this is getting stupid now... the DAP just errored and said it can't accelerate my download and CANCELED it. I just lost like 2 hours of my life and have nothing downloaded... and it won't start again...

what is the deal here

posted April 12, 2006 07:37 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys, I got some news.

Starting tomorrow, the server vendor is going to be increasing (by a lot!) the total bandwidth available to download. Not sure why they didnt believe us when we said that tonight was going to be a BIG night but apprently they didn't allocate the bandwidth that they should have. Unfortunately, and trust me I called SEVERAL PEOPLE, this can't be done until tomorrow.

In the meantime, instead of hundreds of people all trying to download at the same time throughout the night and each person just getting 3-7 kb/sec rates, we are going to limit how many people can download at one time.

Now, if you click on that download button, and you get a Service Not Available Error, or if it times out, please just wait 20 minutes or so and then try again.

Sometime tomorrow, once we get the bandwidth that they should have given us from the start, we will open up the download count as it was before, but for now, we just need you guys to form a line right over here.

If you got a message before that said you used up all your downloads, just try again as I reset the download count for those that contacted me already.

If you still have problems tonight, please just be patient and rest assured that we ARE working on getting this all resolved. My suggestion would be to just try again tomorrow.

Madmatt