Post your download speed here...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I posted elsewhere, we have basically unlimited bandwidth on the servers where the file is hosted, but this is super-peak time, so slowdowns are inevitable. You can use download managers like DAP or GetRight to pause and resume later and also to run multiple streams to increase your download speeds.

Martin

I just tested as well with DAP and I was getting about 70-100kb/sec. This is from my residential/home cable account.

Good speeds for EVERYONE is something we strived to get and our server hosting vendor seems to have extremely good bandwidth and reliability. Of course, this first night is going to be a little rough as there will be more simultaneous downloads right now than there will ever be again, simply due to the way in which we had to do this.

As Martin said before, this whole system will be automated very soon and we do appreciate you guys being patient, or as patient as you can be, while we work on getting this system fully rolled out and implemented.

Madmatt

As I put on another thread 10 to 12 hours or more to downlaod by my blazing 28.8 - 40 or so dial up internet. No way can I tie up the line or probably even maintain the connection that long if I wanted too. Looks like I get to wait for the mail in 14-21 days. Such is life.

John, did you try right clicking on the "download" button? I have DAP, and when I do that, in the pop-up menu one of the options is "download with DAP". If you click that, DAP should grab the file. I don't have Firefox though.

Mike... the page comes up fine on my end. There are multiple servers used for file hosting, not really related to the webpage itself.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

John, did you try right clicking on the "download" button? I have DAP, and when I do that, in the pop-up menu one of the options is "download with DAP". If you click that, DAP should grab the file. I don't have Firefox though.

Thanks. DL speed is now 3x4 what it was before (~22 vs. 6-8), so I might actually get to

try it before midnight rolls around. :cool: