Patton Drives East Now Available for Pre-Order!!!

The second expansion in the acclaimed Strategic Command 2 grand strategy series, Patton Drives East is now available for Pre-Order! This expansion has a special Pre-Order price of just $25 (plus S&H) and is scheduled for an official release in May and only from this website!

Patton Drives East explores the "what ifs" of a post WWII conflict between the Allies and USSR as well as including various hypothetical revisions of classic WWII campaigns.

pde_thumb.jpg

Pre-Order now and get all of the following:

* Priority Advance Notification of the games release by email

* Download the game as soon as it is officially released in May

* Hardcopy of the game (on CD) will be sent to you via mail after release

* Save $10 on the "Download & Mail" delivery option! After release you will have to pay $35, but as a Pre-Order customer you only need to pay $25 (plus S&H)

Pre-Order the Patton Drives East Expansion Today!!!

I used paypal checkout and for what ever reason when I go to confirm my payment and send it this message comes up

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.

Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.

Hint: https://www.battlefront-store.com:8443/

Make sure you aren't trying to place your order on a computer with a firewall this is blocking port 8443 or if it is, please adjust the firewall so that port 8443 is now allowed.

We have also seen issues with Internet Explorer version 6 for some reason but IE 7 seems to work fine.

Madmatt

I was using Firefox and I just tried internet explorer 7 and that gave me a completely blank page and I don't have any firewalls that are blocking it from running. Is there any way that I could pay battlefront company directly. Like an email address and I would pay them the exact amount of $35 through paypal since none of this is working.

Paypal Express Checkout seems to unfortunately have all sorts of bugs (we even had to take it down for a few weeks because it stopped working completely and all Paypal kept saying was "we're working on it"). What you describe can unfortunately happen when Paypal screws up the handover back to our server after you authorize the payment on the Paypal site. There is nothing we can do about it, as the error happens on the Paypal servers - and if the handover is incorrect, our server simply doesn't understand it.

The only workaround seems to be like Matt pointed out to use Direct Checkout with Visa or Mastercard instead of Paypal.

Martin

My Battlefront store experience from today:

Just finished this email toward sales contact "Lori":

Hello.

I'm a little bit frustrated here.

I forgot my password, and obviously even my Username.

And there is no way to retrieve my forgotten passwort, because Battlefront store don't send no emails as long as someone doesn't enter his passwort and his email address or his username and his email address.

Brilliant Idea (if you don't want to sell anything)!!! :rolleyes:

After all it is not possible to register new if you already registered with you current email address ... :mad:

So please: if you really want to sell me a game, think about a change in this kind of policy.

I hope you can understand why i'm quite angry after 5-7 fruitless tries to get my password.

Kind regards

Yes, i'm getting old and it was my mistake to forget my password. But honestly, i never met such an unbelievable unforgiving mechanism to prevent a sale.

The true joke is that i can registerd via paypal, prepare the payment but battlefront refuse to accept this payment.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

For completeness sake, here is the response from us that was emailed to xwormwood:

Hi!

Have you checked the FAQ already?

The Username is usually identical to your email address (25 letters max!).

We do not allow multiple account registrations for the same email address

because in your customer account (in the Account Maintenance area) you will

find all relevant info about the games your purchase, including license key

and download links. If we'd allow multiple accounts it would become really

confusing to retrieve this info as you would have to log in with different

usernames for each.

The simplest thing is to save your account information someplace where you

don't lose it. The store account info is as important as your receipt for a

regular purchase in cases where you need to re-download, look up your

license key etc.

If a user really forgets both his password and his username (which again by default is identical to the email address and registered automatically for each customer) then obviously he can always contact our support team at sales@battlefront.com and we'll look it up. As happened in this case.

Martin

Hm, this may have happend.

But on the other hand i did receive my account details under my correct email address (yes, when you don't need it anymore, you DO find your account details, sigh), as well as my (WAW) download ID.

This doesn't make sense, or do i miss something? :confused:

Anyway: thanks for your emails & help, Martin

edit:

Just checked my details:

i'm pretty sure that the automatism which creates a user out of the email-address failed, because i wouldn't and didn't choose manualy a user name like my email-adress as long as my standard name (simply xwormwood) is free. And if my standard is already taken (never happend before), than i would create a little variation, but surely not my email address. I have spam enough in my life as it is right now.

Tough one to blame it all on me, Martin!

edit edit

Ok, now it is clear: i just edited my user name from xwormwood@t_online towards xwormwood.

The username xwormwood WAS FREE.

Shame on you!

[ April 15, 2008, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: xwormwood ]

xwormwood, I am not blaming it all on you. But after your post I feel the need to clarify the issue, or it would be a little one-sided, wouldn't it?

Truth is that the system to retrieve your password isn't great and could be a lot more convenient, and we will improve it in the future. At least it's more secure than many others out there, and mind you, we're not just talking about a forum account here. While no sensitive payment info is stored in your customer account, people do get access to the license key and downloads you bought.

We have a great and lightning fast support for any problems as can be seen that our response here (and in email) was minutes after your support call. Your forum post here was entirely uncalled for ("true joke" and all).

The forum user accounts and store customer accounts are not linked, hence you can choose any store username, including those that are used here in this forum.

Martin

Martin, clarification is all right.

But you pointed your finger in my direction with

PS. xwormwood typed his email incorrectly during the purchase and registered his account under xwormwood@t_online.de
Fact is (as i am more than sure now) that i didn't mistyped my email-address durign registration.

I grant you that your personal support was virtualy instantly, and you did helped me.

But with this you did put me in the pillory :

xwormwood typed his email incorrectly
My fault was only that i misplaced my account-detail email, but thats it.

On the other hand the battlefron-store webpage obviously has had or still has some problems to interpret the "-" sign when creating a username out of an email-address.

So you did blame me for a mistake which results somehow out of the misteries of your very own webpage.

And this is a little bit nasty.

My order is in!!!. Now!, after watching the movie "PATTON",...i will now be able to explore the Great-General's ambitious plan to attack RUSSIA!.

Just now waiting for when the game will be available for direct download,...since im at a Work-Camp & not where the Disk will be mailed too!.

xwormwood, the code that's creating your username cannot physically take what you type and make it into something else, because it's not programmed that way. Code doesn't work like this - it's only doing what it's told to. There can be bugs of course, but then these would affect everyone registering and not just you. And most likely the code wouldn't work at all and not simply replace a character.

Hence the username must have been entered manually at some point, and incorrectly.

What I wrote is not nasty, it's a response to your post here.

Martin

I for my part have no problems to admit that i added my share of mistakes here (p.e. by misplacing my registration email and / or by going public here without waiting for an answer from the battlefront support).

But there are two things i still have to add in this case (and this only because Martin simply refused to read my last private email):

Originally posted by Moon:

xwormwood typed his email incorrectly during the purchase and registered his account under...

...Hence the username must have been entered manually at some point, and incorrectly.

Martin

First:

By sending Martin my registration email as evidence I have proven to him that his (quoted above) statements were incorrect.

Martin answered me that he still sees no reason to clarify, correct or apologize, even though he did offer another (in my eyes much more plausible) idea what else might have caused the faulty username.

Second:

I thought that my private data from the battlefront store would be safe, guarded by a decent privacy policy. Maybe you can imagine how surprised i was when Martin suddenly felt it nescessary to publish parts of my customer details in the forum (store username, private email address). Without the slightes alteration, without asking, and finaly to prove something he only presumed to be true.

xwormwood, your email is visible to anyone publicly in this forum. Since it's public information that the username is identical to the email address in most cases, posting it here (in its incorrect form as well) is not revealing any private info. You did reveal your (new) username yourself however in one of the subsequent posts.

I have no problem clarifying in public that it appears as if the mistake in your username was caused by Paypal instead of, as I originally thought, you mistyping it. It appears at the moment that either you typed it wrong or that Paypal transferred your account information to our store incorrectly. The latter wouldn't be a big surprise to me to be honest as the Paypal Express Checkout SDK seems to be riddled with this kind of bugs and inconsistencies. In fact, we may have to take down Paypal once again (it was down for a few weeks already earlier this year) because Paypal seems to be unable (or willing) to fix some problems.

But a clarification is not an apology and I see no reason for the latter because you have chosen to go public with your support issue and you therefore have to live with a public answer.

I have refused to reply to your last email because I consider this case closed, as I told you. I am forced to do it in public (again) and I would suggest that you refrain from further public posts about it, because I seriously doubt that anyone here is interested in it.

Martin

German Dude is just trying to buy a game...sounds like he might need a lawyer. I had a similar experience with another gaming vendor. The company gave me the 3rd degree because their process stunk. Cost them an order.

Here's a simple business rule:

Make it easy for sellers to sell.

Make if easy for buyers to buy.